Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Temporary Schengen "suspension" around Europe

Aviathor wrote:

I contacted operations at LFOT, as I often do when there are reports of PNR/PPR for Schengen flights in France, to confirm whether the requirement is real. The person I talked to in essence told me that they will notify customs of all international flights they know of arriving or departing LFOT. He claims there is a PNR/PPR and was surprised there was no NOTAM, but he does not seem to have any first-hand information about the reality of the PPR/PNR requirement. So I called the airport manager’s office, and they will call me back tomorrow morning.

The OPS manager called me back this morning. We had a nice chat and he confirmed to me that there is a 4 h PNR/PPR in effect at LFOT. OPS will normally forward a notification to customs when someone calls them about a flight inbound or outbound, or they receive a flightplan. That normally takes place within the 4 h notice period but it is conceivable, if a pilot files a flight plan at 6 am, that OPS won’t be able to notify customs before 8 am (when they open) and the flight may arrive prior to the expiration of the 4 h notification period. He also said that there had been no problems so far because most GA flights are above 2 T and therefore require handling. As part of the handling request they do notify customs. There is little light GA at LFOT, maybe because people are intimidated by the field being military.

He agreed a NOTAM was warranted and will contact the military on that subject.

LFPT, LFPN

To my list of airports that have a NOTAM about PPR for customs/immigration even for Schengen countries, I need to add Chambéry LFLB

• Auxerre LFLA
  • Limoges LFBL
  • Chambéry LFLB

Airport where PPR is required but no NOTAM

• Tours LFOT
LFPT, LFPN

I’m picking up my Mooney in Limoges on Thursday and we’re going to stop on the way back in Cherbourg. From what I understand there’s no PNR/PPR required. Is that correct?

EIMH, Ireland

The list above is quite incomplete, and there are several more to add. Just at a short glance:

Brive-Souillac (LFSL)
La Rochelle (LFBH)
Le Castellet (LFMQ)

To the list of airports that don’t bother to publish a NOTAM, but still insist on PPR, we have to add:

Bergerac (LFBE)
Bourges (LFLD)

No Aviathor, flying internationally to or from France IS a mess these days, unfortunately. At least if one intends to use airports that do have customs (which is what most international flyers do in order to have English ATS and due to their proximity to interesting places/cities).

Didn’t Macron initially have the intention of terminating the état d’urgence, which is often cited in the various NOTAMs? Also, IIRC, any état d’urgence can only last a max of 2 years. In that case, it should finally end in November.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 29 Jul 19:20
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Yes, he has stated this intention, I think the state of emergency is supposed to end in September after some of its provisions have been passed as regular laws. I’m confident it won’t affect intra Schengen travel because that cannot be permanently obstructed without exiting the Schengen Agreement altogether.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 29 Jul 20:26

Actually now flying direct from Limoges direct to Ireland. Tried calling the number in the AIP to request PPR…no answer all day. Seems that also customs require 2 hour PNR but are only reachable by fax. Its a bit annoying as there are multiple commercial flights to the UK leaving around the same time, so it would be easier to just present at the terminal.

EIMH, Ireland

Seems that also customs require 2 hour PNR but are only reachable by fax. Its a bit annoying as there are multiple commercial flights to the UK leaving around the same time,

This exists at a number of French airports which have airline flights… or there is a charge e.g. this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The seller is now saying he will meet us in La Rochelle (where our Ryanair flight is landing) and let us take the aircraft home directly from there.

They have a current NOTAM for 8hr customs PNR, but does anyone know if that applies to outbound or just inbound flights?

The stress of it all. Can’t wait to finally get it here!

Last Edited by zuutroy at 31 Jul 16:06
EIMH, Ireland

zuutroy wrote:

They have a current NOTAM for 8hr customs PNR, but does anyone know if that applies to outbound or just inbound flights?

The stress of it all. Can’t wait to finally get it here!

I would just email them at the address in the NOTAM and tell them you are leaving with the details requested. If you are leaving for a schengen country I doubt they will care. It says PN so if you have N’d them you are good to go.

EGTK Oxford

This topic confuses French pilots too as can be seen here.

Now that the state of emergency is over, well need to see which measures have been carried over into the new legal measures in French law.

LFPT, LFPN
Sign in to add your message