Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Autorouter updates (merged)

achimha wrote:

After you land at an uncontrolled aerodrome with a flight plan filed through autorouter, you just issue “ARRIVAL 1830” via either the Telegram interface or SMS, if you’ve landed at 1830Z. The arrival message will then be disseminated by Eurocontrol.

Sorry, I meant: Where does the bot send the message? Is it an IFPS message or do you send an AFTN message to the ATS unit responsible for the followup?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

achimha wrote:

Done.

Thanks! You’re amazing.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Is it an IFPS message or do you send an AFTN message to the ATS unit responsible for the followup?

It is sent to IFPS, IFPS then distributes to all interested parties, just like any other flight plan related message.

LSZK, Switzerland

Achim and Tom, thank you for another amazing feature! I used the EOBT command for the first time yesterday – last time I tried to delay a flight plan in the field it took more than 20 minutes to find the right office, persuade them that all I wanted was a simple delay and send the message. Autorouter did it all in less than 20 seconds. EDDG Tower were very complimentary about my ops department…!

EGEO

I assume the SMS interface will work for SMS sent via the ADL120?

EGTK Oxford

JasonC wrote:

I assume the SMS interface will work for SMS sent via the ADL120?

Not yet because we only allow one phone number to be associated with your account and that would typically be your main mobile phone. You can change it to the ADL number but that’s a bit inconvenient. We are working on adding multiple SMS numbers of which one would be designated the receiving number. I’ll make sure we have it ready before the jet arrives

Last Edited by achimha at 03 Aug 09:25

wow !
excellent !
I don’t have a DWD subscription but all of this is amazing

thanks !

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

Yesterday I tested the ARRIVAL message through telegram after landing at L2K during uncontrolled hours. I sent “ARRIVAL 1935” to the bot and got back: “We can’t find an open flight plan. Command ignored.” Called the number that Lille Approach had given us before letting us off the hook and closed with them, they confirmed the closing of the FPL.

Can you see why it didn’t work?

Another question about the arrival message: does it not matter WHERE you arrived, i.e. if you landed at the intended destination, one of your alternates, or maybe somewhere completely different? Is this indication not provided for by Eurocontrol in an arrival message, or could you implement an option to specify e.g. “ARRIVAL 1935 LFQQ”?

Rwy20 wrote:

Can you see why it didn’t work?

I think I do. The flight plan was already in the “ARRIVING” state when you issued the message (because the last position report saw it in the vicinity of the aerodrome). This is not handled correctly by the ARRIVAL command. We’ll fix that, thanks.

Rwy20 wrote:

Another question about the arrival message: does it not matter WHERE you arrived, i.e. if you landed at the intended destination, one of your alternates, or maybe somewhere completely different? Is this indication not provided for by Eurocontrol in an arrival message, or could you implement an option to specify e.g. “ARRIVAL 1935 LFQQ”?

That not supported yet but on the list of things to do.

Thank you Achim. That brings up another question about the position reports. I was wondering what the logic behind these is, because sometimes there are a lot of points in a row, and sometimes none for a long time. Do you get these from Eurocontrol? Do you do some filtering to only keep certain points, or do you display all that you get?

Sign in to add your message