Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German / Swiss noise-dependent landing charges / noise certificate (merged thread)

And if you don’t have one you simply show them the page in the POH with the noise data …

Was there a link to a site with EASA noise data for many aircraft/engine combinations somewhere on EUGA? I downloaded noise data for our DR1050 some time ago and I think I got the link here.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Thank you no. 48, 49 & 50.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

@Maoraigh did you mean this, or more specifically this excel sheet ?

LSZK, Switzerland

TB20 noise certificate?

I have been trying to make sense of the many posts on this – can anyone confirm from experience the current best practice for Noise Certificates in Germany/Austria/Benelux

I have found the EASA noise data for the TB series and also this link:

https://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=1407&pagetype=65&appid=54&mode=detail&appproc=71

But is an aircraft-specific certificate actually needed?

Thanks

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

A noise certificate gets you reduced landing fees at some German and Swiss airports.

With a TB20, you should have received something. Here are three of mine which all came with it (the last one was issued by the UK CAA when the plane went G-reg which happened when it was new)

and here is a standard ICAO-compliant one for an N-reg TB20 which you draw up yourself

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This would not get you any reduced landing fees. For reduced landing fees, the certificate would need a dB value, and that dB value would have to be (significantly) below the ICAO chapter 6 or 10 limits.

You can get the dB value from the EASA Noise TCDS Excel sheet

LSZK, Switzerland

Neal. Have you tried Ginfo? Presuming you are G-REG. The section under third party insurance details is noise cert info. Click the link it gives you the full info and overflight dB figures. You can print this if you don’t have the original.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

As far as I know for newer planes overflight figures (chapter 6) are not good enough, you need takeoff figures (chapter 10)

LSZK, Switzerland

Fantastically helpful everyone thanks! And I had no idea this was on g-info!

Last Edited by NealCS at 03 Aug 21:02
TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message