Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

German / Swiss noise-dependent landing charges / noise certificate (merged thread)

I just OCR’ed the noise certificate form from the Advisory Circulary to a Word document and filled in the fields for my aircraft. If anyone is interested in the Word document, I can PM it, or send it to Peter for publication.

LFPT, LFPN

I have an AFM Supplement that states a noise level of 76.08 dB(A) per 14 CFR part 36 Appendix G Amendment 36-22 of the FAR for my DA40. Is this enough or do I still need to make another certificate ?

Jean
EBST, Belgium

If anyone can submit noise certificates, we will very happily put them under Articles/Resources.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jean wrote:

I have an AFM Supplement that states a noise level of 76.08 dB(A) per 14 CFR part 36 Appendix G Amendment 36-22 of the FAR for my DA40. Is this enough or do I still need to make another certificate ?

The airport operator may not accept a page from the AFM, so making something that does look like a noise certificate is probably the better option.

And if anyone has the noise information for a 2004 (?) DA40-180 with a Hartzell two-blade propeller, I’m interested. That plane was originally meant to have a MT propeller, but there is an STC for a two-blade Hartzell.

LFPT, LFPN

@Peter, I have received several PMs requesting the Word document for the noise certificate, but it seems like it is garbled by kitmail (which I seem to remember does not support attachments?)

Could you please publish it here?

LFPT, LFPN

Aviathor wrote:

And if anyone has the noise information for a 2004 (?) DA40-180 with a Hartzell two-blade propeller, I’m interested. That plane was originally meant to have a MT propeller, but there is an STC for a two-blade Hartzell.

As I understand it, many DA40s were shipped from the factory with a Hartzell, so I’d imagine the data must be out there.

(a friend has a 2004 DA40-180 that came from the factory that way)

Silvaire wrote:

a friend has a 2004 DA40-180 that came from the factory that way

If you would be able to provide the noise data and propeller model, it would be helpful I have still not been able to find an AFM, nor supplement, for that configuration.

LFPT, LFPN

I have been away from a PC today. I have uploaded the FAA certificate here

As you say, one cannot send attachments via the EuroGA PM system (which is otherwise 100% reliable now AFAIK).

Administrator

Aviathor’s N-reg noise certificate template is now under Resources

Administrator

I tested my N-reg noise certificate made for a DA40 with that template and AFM data last Tuesday at EDLW and it was declared ok :)

Jean
EBST, Belgium
Sign in to add your message