Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

AIR BP fuel card

I wanted (needed) to use my AirBP card in Tirana a few weeks ago. The only payment options there were AirBP or cash (EUR accepted). Upon presenting my card, the AirBP guy said it’s expired and he had to keep the card, it’s company property.

He was right about the expiry. I hadn’t noticed as I hadn’t used it during the pandemic and I would have expected AirBP to send a new card in due time.

I luckily married a woman who has the habit to carry enough cash (unlike me) so we were able to fuel and pay eventually.

I reached out to the sterling at BP email box and interestingly (because I see so many recent complaints in this thread about unanswered emails) I got a response pretty much right away and got it sorted. Apparently they had truncated my address during one of their system conversions or whatever, so they new card never reached me. They corrected the address now and said that they re-issued the card. I haven’t received it yet.

Last Edited by Patrick at 14 Jul 08:02
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Quick question: does one need to enter a PIN when paying with an Air BP Sterling card? (as you would with a credit/debt card or the equivalent Total card). I’ll be using mine for the first time this weekend in France and it just occurred to me that I was never sent a PIN.

Thanks!

EGTF, United Kingdom

No PIN for AirBP (you need one for TotalCard)

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Aug 18:21
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

In the recent trip I organised (details were posted here on EuroGA) using Tours, Carcassonne, Andorra, Pay, and Limoges, unusually, the use of a BP Card was the only option at ALL airfields.
My card worked flawlessly and at times had to be used surreptitiously for aircraft/pilots who hadn’t got a BP Card!

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

lionel wrote:

I recommend going into their invoicing system, and disputing the invoice there. That will kick the right process. In your shoes I would also refuse the debit note, IMHO they will not be that quick to kick you out.

Thanks again for this tip, lionel. This turned out to solve the problem, not quickly, no, well it looks like I’m the only one thinking that response times for e-mails of less than three weeks are normal – but in the end the issue got solved.

Germany

Hi, can someone please help.
I have a BP card which I seldomly use. Its a right pain in the rear.

So I have used the card in Friedrichschafen and got 190Liters.
Its unbelievable hard to actually see the amount you’re paying for and when i got the invoice its the same.
Extremely difficult to log in, pay the bill and to see the correct amounts.
First I get a charge of the €360 the. €600 in total, which is very confusing. .

Is this a norm with BP?

Evo400

Yes, I think so. BP is like Eurocontrol in this regard…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Agreed it’s extremely hard to get the login working but when you finally do you can see the invoice detail including the number of litres. It doesn’t play nicely with password applications and seems to jump between different web sites in the process. One of the worst bits of website design since….. (enter your own preference here).

What seems to happen is that you complain over and over again until someone on their staff becomes your personal angel and guides you through the login minefield. Worked for me, anyway.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

“Is this a norm with BP?”

Sadly, yes.

I’ve been trying for months to get them to tell me how I can see the price to be paid at an airfield before I fill up. They can’t.

United Kingdom

I’ve never tried it myself, but the RocketRoute Marketplace app allows requesting fuel in advance, including at AirBp airfields. I believe it will then quote the price when making the request, which would allow one to know in advance the charge to be expected. Of course the actual cost will always depend on the exact uptake volume, but that is always on the form when signing off for the fuel.

LSZK, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message