Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New youngest pilot to fly around the world? Heading off tomorrow...

The hard part of flying around the world is the logistics, and the funding. If Dad is paying for the majority of the flight, and there are two professional trip support companies organising everything, it’s a cool trip but not a major challenge.

My understanding from seeing some of the Facebook material is that the sponsorship never reached anywhere near the hoped level.

Kent, UK

Flying around the world seems to be very boring, as the pilot even needs inflight entertainment.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/AviationEgypt

Last Edited by Frans at 08 Jun 13:00
Switzerland

If it’s not a speed record, then why do it all in one go?

Wouldn’t it be far better to take your time and explore the country that you’ve landed in.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

Wouldn’t it be far better to take your time and explore the country that you’ve landed in

I understand lot of it has to do with middle & eastern Russia: not the best (cheapest) place to bimble around? but yes I would have teken 1 day to swim in Baikal, it’s once in lifetime !

Also, with CV19 quaratine you are allowed to go to max 3 places: airport, hotel & embassy (and few nightclubs if +18 years old )

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jun 13:40
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

Wouldn’t it be far better to take your time and explore the country that you’ve landed in.

It depends on why you do that at all – some would argue, that for exploring the countries booking airline seats is the by far better option.

If I would do it, I’d also go “as fast as possible” (but not aiming for a speed record).

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

If I would do it, I’d also go “as fast as possible” (but not aiming for a speed record).

I would (love to) do the opposite. Take my time, explore the places I’m visiting. Obviously not possible everywhere, but what’s the point in racing around the world in a spam can?? Just to say you’ve done it?

172driver wrote:

racing around the world in a spam can?? Just to say you’ve done it?

Absolutely!

What is the point in flying around the world at all if you want to see places?

Germany

My #1 job for a trip like that would be sorting out an intravenous caffeine feed.

Just the US east coast is some 30hrs I think, depending on which bit.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Has this not been done before?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

dublinpilot wrote:

He has to finish within a couple of weeks otherwise he will no be the youngest one.

I am waiting for Stefan Drury (stef747) to set out for his flight, I am expecting it to be quite amazingly reported as he usually does, and it seems like it will be very much self-organized.
Though he is a bit of a perfectionist so my fear is he will never leave because there will always be something not ideal going on.

LFST, France
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one