Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New youngest pilot to fly around the world? Heading off tomorrow...

In order to take advantage of ESTA (basically a prefilled I-94 form) you need to travel on a carrier that is on CBP’s VWP approved list (https://www.cbp.gov/document/report/signatory-visa-waiver-program-vwp-carriers).

Being on the list involves among other obligations posting a financial bond to the CBP.

T28
Switzerland

Someone pointed this out to me:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I think the PA28 went down the swamps of UK GA maintenance, I don’t know the exact details but the mechanical & the avionics expertise was not around and aircraft probably end up in a bad state? the PA28 did not fly for ages, one need lot of guts to fly her over Atlantic with engines & electrics that have not flown for a year…

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Jul 21:15
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

He’s apparently writing a book about the whole story, including the reason for changing plane and sponsors. I guess we will then know at least his version of the story.

LFST, France

Just read in the US AOPA magazine that he has an IR. So he’s no fool to have done that at age 18… It also makes the whole flight considerably easier.

Also mentioned were stats like 64 stops, 235hrs TT flown, 800nm each day on average.

It didn’t mention the logistics support but the endurance itself is remarkable.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
75 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one