Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

French Strikes - impact on GA IFR

I thought LFMD was now “coordinated”, i.e. for IFR arrival or departure you have to get a sort of meta-slot from some totally different organisation? I’m away from home for a few weeks so I haven’t had a chance to find out for myself yet (I’m happy to say).

LFMD, France

johnh wrote:

I thought LFMD was now “coordinated”, i.e. for IFR arrival or departure you have to get a sort of meta-slot from some totally different organisation? I’m away from home for a few weeks so I haven’t had a chance to find out for myself yet (I’m happy to say).

Yes, that’s right, you need to obtain an airport arrival slot. I had one, but the CTOT from eurocontrol got me delayed versus the airport slot i had for arrival in LFMD, but that didn’t seem to have bothered Cannes, at least no one told me off when I arrived late for my airport slot.

Looks like this year it is coordinated for longer period than last year. This year from end of may to september. Last year if i recall was only from july to september.

Last Edited by roznet at 03 Jun 15:11
EGTF, United Kingdom

Tomorrow I plan to fly this. Does anyone know if there are strikes planned?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Tomorrow I plan to fly this. Does anyone know if there are strikes planned?

I believe the next strike in france is Tuesday June 6. so hopefully you’ll be fine tomorrow

EGTF, United Kingdom

Re LFMD, what does it mean “the airport is coordinated “ ?

It is country dependent but it tends to mean that you have to book slots for arrival and/or departure. The Greek airports taken over by Fraport tend to be thus “slotted”.

Administrator

Re LFMD, what does it mean “the airport is coordinated “ ?

LFMD, France

Something is going on today, still – a strike in the middle and top

Administrator

johnh wrote:

Be careful to interpret the term “ whatever arrival flight rules ” :

Thus any type of arriving flight having an “IFR” leg in its flight plan must operate with an allocated slot.

In fact, VFR arrival flights having had an IFR section from the airfield of origin and Z arrival flights cannot be carried out without a Cohor slot.

Knowing the approach/departure at LFMD it’s pretty much what you would expect for summer season.

Last Edited by Emir at 05 Jun 08:10
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This now seems to happen on > 50% of my flights involving France. Just got a 2hr CTOT due to “staff shortage”. So replanning with a VFR leg through the affected region, yet again… Damn near impossible to do without a PC though. Luckily the CTOT arrived 45 mins before driving.

Change from

N0152F100 XORBI/N0152F100 IFR H20 PERON/N0152F110 H20 BILGO B3 RLP G4 HOC L613 RIPUS/N0152F130 N850 DEGAD/N0148F140 N850 ODINA M727 SRN/N0147F130 L615 DESIP/N0148F110 L615 ADOSA/N0152F110 L612 CHI VFR

to

N0152F100 XORBI/N0152F100 H20 PERON/N0152F110 H20 BILGO B3 RLP IFR G4 HOC L613 RIPUS/N0152F130 N850 DEGAD/N0148F140 N850 ODINA M727 SRN/N0147F130 L615 DESIP/N0148F110 L615 ADOSA/N0152F110 L612 CHI VFR

But there seems to be a human input here, because they refused that one too. A CTOT on a VFR leg!

Tried lower levels but Eurocontrol blocks those too in this case.

Avoiding France was the only way

Still got a CTOT but only 15 mins.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message