Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

French Strikes - impact on GA IFR

Peter wrote:

Which satnav apps will show the airspace as G during the relevant times?

SkyDemon?

EGTR

That means France must notam each unit’s strike times, and would imply the change to G is either notamed or somebody checked that the airspace really becomes G and is willing to risk it on behalf of their customers

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

That means France must notam each unit’s strike times, and would imply the change to G is either notamed or somebody checked that the airspace really becomes G and is willing to risk it on behalf of their customer

I think @Ibra would know how it actually happens. :)

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

would know how it actually happens

Sadly, I don’t I have flown few times with no clue which airspace, I mean in Normandie not Southampton

However, I tend to carefully watch for ZIT, ZRT and P-areas, like this one (load of them from 20th April)

SUP-AIP-050/23

If you bust ZRT you will get your skin pulled, French or foreigner does not matter

Last Edited by Ibra at 04 Apr 17:01
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Just had some fun with AR doing EGKA-LFBH. The French strike causes this, so I filed VFR through the striking sector

N0152F040 BOGNA/N0152F080 DCT OSPOL/N0150F080 M189 NEVIL DCT IBUMO DCT BULOX/N0150F060 VFR DCT TABIL/N0144F060 DCT IBSUS DCT LUSON IFR LUSON6C

With some luck ATC may not insist on IFR cancellation at BULOX.

Sadly the above hack fails to work because AR chucks out LUSON IFR LUSON6C and files it as a VFR arrival, so if LFBH ATC refuse an IAP, one is screwed.

Administrator

It works fine for me, IFR all the way, tomorrow at 1200Z

Can you parse ‘…LGL A5 NTS A25 LUSON LUSON6D LFBH’ for IFR arrival at FL70?

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Apr 15:23

This works" EGKA N0145F070 DRAKE DCT SITET A34 LGL A5 NTS A25 LUSON LUSON6D LFB"

It does not look great today at 8pm with possible delays from strikes but it validates

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Apr 15:32

This works, as one would expect

EGKA N0149F070 DRAKE DCT SITET A34 LGL H20 BENAR A34 AMB B19 POI DCT NITUB DCT XERGI DCT LUSON LUSON6C LFBH

Administrator

Yes, but be ready for the slot., I‘d say.
Consider filing 45 minutes early and then freezing the slot that comes.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I flew Gloucester EGBJ to Sion LSGS yesterday – no route would validate across France and I was given a longer (+36%) route through Benelux and Germany.

On the way back today Rocket Route gave me the normal almost straight line route. No problem at all.

In both cases I was given lengthy Slot delays that bounced all round the place every few , up to 2.30 delayed. But in both cases, not long before flight the slot delays diminished to 5 minutes. Go figure!!

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message