Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in proposal : Orleans LFOZ and Loire Valley, May 1 2022

Customs at LFOZ seem to work (on week days) :

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 31 Mar 15:10
LFOU, France

Our plan is to depart EDNY Sat for LFQB.
A really nice field with an adequate hotel 200yds away, but a 15min Taxi into town.
The town is nice and we’ll stay there.
If Orleans is ‘off’ then we’ll prob stay to mon morning then hop to LFAT for lunch/customs then home.

United Kingdom

Sorry guys, but I must cancel for personal reasons. Some things are more important than talking about airplanes

That said, I landed today at LFOZ and is able to bring some info to those interested.
It looks like the proverbial US GA airfield, put in the middle of France : 5000ft runway, parallel taxiway, runup pads, it’s all there.
The AFIS was very busy with gliders, local traffic and ATO aircraft making circuits or approaches. I met the AFISO and can attest he didn’t have more than 3 seconds quiet at a time.
Just come in and pick a spot on the northern apron.
The gate to access the airside is on the southern side of the tower (see map below). Just walk along the fence.
Inside was a very large collection of tourism litterature, including plenty of taxis and shuttle services.
This airport seems to be run as a tight ship and I understand why they only take customs requests during AFIS hours. They really run by the book. The AFISO has a direct link to ATC so no worries for IFR approaches or departures (including CTOT management)
Will do a report in the DB

LFOU, France

This meet-up has apparently been cancelled.

I will fly from EDNY straight home on Sunday, unless someone comes up with an idea for meeting up somewhere nice

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I may turn up Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon (1300Z-1700Z), it’s very close, so I have to make choice between 1h20 in car or 1h in car then 15min flight

Last Edited by Ibra at 27 Apr 09:01
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Me too arriving 1300Z Saturday, leaving late afternoon or Sunday morning

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Thanks for answering me Emir. See you another time.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

@Emir, do you still want to come as you cancelled your visit to AERO ?

This time FO chose Sardinia due to more sun and higher temperatures at destination.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I am going, from EDNY. Arriving Sunday morning. Subject to wx as usual.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Emir, do you still want to come as you cancelled your visit to AERO ?

Welcome Pete. How many souls on board ? How long would you stay ?

LFOU, France
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message