Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in proposal : Orleans LFOZ and Loire Valley, May 1 2022

I am going, from EDNY. Arriving Sunday morning. Subject to wx as usual.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jujupilote wrote:

@Emir, do you still want to come as you cancelled your visit to AERO ?

This time FO chose Sardinia due to more sun and higher temperatures at destination.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks for answering me Emir. See you another time.

LFOU, France

Me too arriving 1300Z Saturday, leaving late afternoon or Sunday morning

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

I may turn up Saturday afternoon or Sunday afternoon (1300Z-1700Z), it’s very close, so I have to make choice between 1h20 in car or 1h in car then 15min flight

Last Edited by Ibra at 27 Apr 09:01
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

This meet-up has apparently been cancelled.

I will fly from EDNY straight home on Sunday, unless someone comes up with an idea for meeting up somewhere nice

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sorry guys, but I must cancel for personal reasons. Some things are more important than talking about airplanes

That said, I landed today at LFOZ and is able to bring some info to those interested.
It looks like the proverbial US GA airfield, put in the middle of France : 5000ft runway, parallel taxiway, runup pads, it’s all there.
The AFIS was very busy with gliders, local traffic and ATO aircraft making circuits or approaches. I met the AFISO and can attest he didn’t have more than 3 seconds quiet at a time.
Just come in and pick a spot on the northern apron.
The gate to access the airside is on the southern side of the tower (see map below). Just walk along the fence.
Inside was a very large collection of tourism litterature, including plenty of taxis and shuttle services.
This airport seems to be run as a tight ship and I understand why they only take customs requests during AFIS hours. They really run by the book. The AFISO has a direct link to ATC so no worries for IFR approaches or departures (including CTOT management)
Will do a report in the DB

LFOU, France

Our plan is to depart EDNY Sat for LFQB.
A really nice field with an adequate hotel 200yds away, but a 15min Taxi into town.
The town is nice and we’ll stay there.
If Orleans is ‘off’ then we’ll prob stay to mon morning then hop to LFAT for lunch/customs then home.

United Kingdom

Customs at LFOZ seem to work (on week days) :

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 31 Mar 15:10
LFOU, France
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message