Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA World Record

What about all of us holding in a different point but at same time, same day same altitude?
In this scenario we don’t need to fly tonine specific point somewhere far from homebase, we do not need to fly dangerously close each other…

S
Different points, same altitude, same speed (if possible), same turn direction…

Just my 2 cents

Ciao
Diego

LILE, Italy

What we could achieve – over U.S. fly-ins – is to have the highest number of planes coming from different countries. But any other thing will have been achieved in the U.S. ten-fold over what we’re thinking about here.

Germany

Emir wrote:

Those should join glider competition with dozen of gliders climbing in the same thermal circling literarily few meters of each other

That’s the reason why you mainly find very experienced pilots in these kind of competition (with hundreds of hours experience in flying in close proximity to other gliders in thermals) and still participating in such competition is statistically amongst the more dangerous things you can do in aviation (and why all of these pilots wear chutes and glider cockpits are designed in a way that it is easy to get out…)

Germany

@Malibuflyer you may be onto something there :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Fenland_Flyer wrote:

some pilots with perhaps less experience of such thing could even panic

Those should join glider competition with dozen of gliders climbing in the same thermal circling literarily few meters of each other

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Snoopy wrote:

Longest line of ga planes would be fun to ;)

Might be hard to beat the yearly line at Oshkosh

Germany

My time of one hour ten minutes is, I believe, still the fastest solo in a C172 from Page, Arizona to Hanksville, Utah, by an employee of The Highland Council Education Department based in Inverness, Scotland.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I think it would be great BUT I also think those taking part would need to be very carefully vetted to ensure their abilities. No disrespect intended to any one but having been in a “stack” at Glasgow a few years ago (it was very busy with “big stuff” ) some pilots with perhaps less experience of such thing could even panic.
The idea certainly warrants a concerted try.

UK, United Kingdom

Longest line of ga planes would be fun to ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message