Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New World Record: 57 start and landings in 1 hour

Some cool news from the Netherlands;
A pilot was able to do 57 starts and landings in 1 hour in a Pitts S.2B Special. After every landing, an altitude of 1000ft had to be reached before a new landing was performed. Landings had to be within the same 20 meters with all three wheels touching the surface.

The full article can be found below: (it’s in Dutch, but can be easily translated with the google translate button on the right side)
https://www.aironline.nl/weblog/2022/05/03/wereldrecord-57-starts-en-landingen-in-een-uur/

BTW; The landing fee of 57 x € 13,00 = € 741,- was waived :)

EHLE, EDLS, Netherlands

What a stupid record

EDWF, Germany

Tigerflyer wrote:

What a stupid record

Not disagreeing, but there are worse records… for example the longest flights in gliders for days where the real test of the superior skill is knowing when you’re too tired.

Berlin, Germany

Most records are stupid with little practical value (like being the youngest person flying around the globe) This one is fun IMO.

57 starts and landings in one hour, is that impressive? Then I noticed the 1000 feet requirement, and yes You need good climb/decent rate. It reminds me of the highly unofficial record at ENVA with 7 touch and goes along the runway in a C-172. I think at least up to 50 feet. We do touch and go. Then we have touch and go with cut, touch and go with cut cut, and finally touch and go with multiple cuts. Those touch and go with multiple cuts are mostly done to get tail wheel rating (Cub). 3-4 are no problems in a Cub, but 7 in a C-172 is impressive

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Love it – finally it is “having fun with airplanes”.

Germany

FlyingDutchman wrote:

Landings had to be within the same 20 meters with all three wheels touching the surface.

Would be fun to see what the record would be without this restriction. Porpoising 30 times along a 4km runway in each direction without breaking a plane would definitely require some skills.

EGKR, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message