Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

I can only comment that the AC system in the Cirrus Turbo I fly is excellent and has made a huge difference to cabin comfort in the summer. I have been sitting on the taxiway in direct sunlight on a hot day and me and my family quite comfortable in the cabin as the AC system really pumps out the cold air.

I imagine the AC in the jet will be even better. I will use the custom windshield shade after I park as I do now and that helps.

Bring on St. Tropez!!! 2.5 hours from biggin….on the beach at noon!! Lunch at 55 at 2pm. Ahh….the Cirrus Life.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Cirrus_Man wrote:

I imagine the AC in the jet will be even better.

Certainly. But you are not allowed to turn it on unless you get a startup clearance for your jet engine which drives it. And places like Cannes (that’s why I chose that example) are notorious for slots and delays. Additionally, they don’t allow APUs to run for more than ten minutes and jet engines not at all before startup time.

EDDS - Stuttgart

Cirrus_Man wrote:

Gear deployment speed 210 ktas
First flap deployment speed 190 ktas
Full flaps deployment speed 150ktas

Well … I would say that IAS is what’s important here rather than TAS and TAS is just informative data … So the questions are how much IAS you have to bleed to reach gear deplyment speed, how you can do it and how much time is needed for that.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

They must be IAS numbers.

EGTK Oxford

Yes IAS numbers, a mistake by me.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

And what is the Vmo?

EGTK Oxford

Max operating Speed Vmo

EGKB Biggin Hill London

I know what it is! What is the Vmo for the Cirrus Jet?

EGTK Oxford

Just kidding.
Not disclosed yet but I will try to find out. Might not be determined yet.
Jason, what would be the additional risk factor of say running at 315ktas instead of a POH reccomended 300 (assuming the engine can do it and you dont mind worse fuel efficiency)

EGKB Biggin Hill London

VMO is 250 kcas

MMO 0.53 mach

EGKB Biggin Hill London
Sign in to add your message