Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How do bizjet owners deal with Part NCC?

Since August 26 and the application of the new Part NCC, don’t you think that it will be a massive obstacle to the Cirrus Jet for example ?

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

It is certainly a pain in the next to have to go through the whole ops manual and SMS process but in practice (once all that rigmarole is done) it is not that bad.

Last Edited by JasonC at 25 Sep 12:12
EGTK Oxford

I believe IAOPA have written some manuals for that which you will be able to use if you are a member.

ESSZ, Sweden

EASA has released one which is fine and somewhat easy to customise.

EGTK Oxford

I don’t think the US marketing people quite appreciate that those who are in the market for a jet in terms of having the cash are not necessarily sufficiently determined to go through all the hoops in Europe.

Let’s face it – for the price of the Cirrus Jet you can buy any number of vastly more capable used bizjets. Yet, according to one dealer I spoke to, something like 99% of bizjets are not owner-flown. Almost none of the owners want to go through all the stuff, all the way to a type rating (so IMHO the thread topic doesn’t apply to bizjets anyway, leaving just the Cirrus jet). Also there is a good number of very capable turboprops. And a used TBM will outclass the Cirrus Jet on any European mission, with the possible exception of top-level bird pulling (and you won’t be doing top-level bird pulling if you have to fly the thing yourself as well, because you will still have the same hassles on the ground as all of us have on trips; only the most obscessive people manage to hang in there). This situation has existed for decades and is there for all to see. A jet pilot is not a glamorous job once you see what is involved.

The Q thus becomes: what USPs the Cirrus jet has to make people go the extra mile? We have a big Cirrus Jet thread here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

top-level bird pulling

I found nothing, googling that term, can you explain for a non-native, what you refer to?

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

TobiBS wrote:

top-level bird pulling
I found nothing, googling that term, can you explain for a non-native, what you refer to?

He means attracting, very attractive girls.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Peter wrote:

Let’s face it – for the price of the Cirrus Jet you can buy any number of vastly more capable used bizjets.

A few days ago there was a thread about a dealer of pre-owned aircraft somewhere in the UK. In his inventory he has a Citation 501 SP (single pilot) with some hours remaining on the engines for an asking price of 170.000 GBP if I remember correctly. Buy three of those, fly one, keep the others for spares and you still have ten years worth of fuel and maintenance until the price of the Cirrus is reached. With an aircraft that may be old but which is better in every respect.

EDDS - Stuttgart

dublinpilot wrote:

He means attracting, very attractive girls.

Jesus…

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Don’t worry, AA, the last bird I got near was this one

But I think the question is a valid one. There has to be an incentive.

I am sure Cirrus are doing all they can in the USA to enable SR22 owners to buy the jet. The Q is how much can they do in Europe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message