Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

Michael wrote:

You’re really not much of a risk taker now are you Neil

You might be surprised Michael

But in terms of aviation I am fairly conservative with my approach. I didn’t buy a position for an Eclipse, a BD5, a Learfan, or a Terrafugia. I have no doubt Cirrus will eventually launch their jet, but it will be a compromise, like most aircraft.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

AdamFrisch wrote:

all surprised if the SF50 burns more than the HondaJet

The specs tell the story.

The SF50 is a $2.2m USD, 6k gross, FL280, 300ktas cruise, 6+1 passenger, 1200 nm range (5nm per gallon), single pilot Garmin/Perspective Touch, pressurized, single with parachute.

The HondaJet is $5m USD, 10k gross, FL430, 390ktas cruise, 6 passenger, 1000 nm range (3nm per gallon), single pilot Garmin G3000, pressurized, twin.

Both products are now in production.

Last Edited by USFlyer at 11 Jan 17:11

USFlyer wrote:

The specs tell the story.

The SF50 is a $2.2m USD, 6k gross, FL280, 300ktas cruise, 6+1 passenger, 1200 nm range (5nm per gallon), single pilot Garmin/Perspective Touch, pressurized, single with parachute.

The HondaJet is $5m USD, 10k gross, FL430, 390ktas cruise, 6 passenger, 1000 nm range (3nm per gallon), single pilot Garmin G3000, pressurized, twin.

Both products are now in production.

Are you really THAT naive ?

The SF50 IS FAR FROM CERTIFICATION at least a year, IMHO

Wanna make wager that those numbers will change- for the worse, when OR IF it EVER gets certified ?

Last Edited by Michael at 11 Jan 17:14
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael wrote:

SF50 IS FAR FROM CERTIFICATION at least a year

Cirrus Begins Assembly Of First Production SF50 Vision http://aviationweek.com/business-aviation/cirrus-begins-assembly-first-production-sf50-vision

Who is naive?

It’s NOT CERTIFIED so you have NO PUBLISHED NUMBERS to count on !

Geeze, what don’t you get ???

(ps: that article was published over 9 months ago … )

Last Edited by Michael at 11 Jan 17:52
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

USFlyer wrote:

OK. Based on marketing specs for both.

The Cirrus is not a 1200nm 300kt aircraft. It will do that distance at 210 knots with a 400lb payload.
At 300 knots with four on board it will do about 750nm.

The Honda Jet will do 1180nm at high speed cruise 390knots with 4 pax. It also has 7 seat option.

(Amended cruise speed for range of HJ)

Last Edited by JasonC at 11 Jan 18:02
EGTK Oxford

- The SF50 will (of course) be certified, and very soon too.
- The HondaJet is one step up from the SF50 and cannot be compared.

You guys get pretty nervous about airplanes you will not have ;-)

Flyer59 wrote:

- The SF50 will (of course) be certified, and very soon too.

Do you have a date or even a year ?

BTW, Cirrus has already blown through ALL of there provisional dates for the SF50 …

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

It is completely normal in this industry that certification and delivery dates are postponed. I would find it more exotic if it wasn’t so :-)

My best bet is that the first customer airplane will be delivered this year. But there’s no ’if", only when.

Noted that you are betting on Certification AND Customer Delivery current 2016

I will wager that neither will happen in 2016 .

Last Edited by Michael at 11 Jan 18:51
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
Sign in to add your message