Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

You can’t bring anyone to impress with this…

always learning
LO__, Austria

With full fuel you can’t bring anyone in the Cirrus either ;-)

LPFR, Poland

I feel a version 2.0 coming…

EBST, Belgium

AdamFrisch wrote:

They must have done a lot of stops from Duluth, considering its bad range…

The one which got ferried to ZRH went via Goose, Frobisher, Nuuk, Reykyavik and somewhere in England.

It appears that the max range with full fuel is about 3 hours plus reserve. All in all, that is around 900 NM. 1000 if you can live with less reserve fuel.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Saw this today in the UK, didnt know any were in Europe

From FR24:

https://www.jetphotos.com/registration/N474CG and as usual plenty on google.

He is under the usual trustee.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

They are popping up more and more. I saw one parked at LJPZ Portoroz in mid June.

always learning
LO__, Austria

That is the one based at ZRH. Some folks I know rather well fly it.

A few weeks ago I have been introduced to the Cirrus Jet at Aero Poznan in Poland.

I have been flying the SR22T and the SF50 seems like a logical step up. I am not in the position to buy one (yet) but if there would be SF50 aircraft available for rent, I would be interested in getting a type rating on the aircraft to regularly do trips in the SF50. Aero Poznan is about ready to offer an EASA type rating program. The type rating will cost me around 20k euro, but since there are hardly any Cirrus Jet aircraft flying around in Europe at the moment, there will be no or hardly any opportunity to fly one after getting the type rating and it would be one more rating to keep up to date. That is all apart from a possible requirement to fly the first x hours with a safety pilot.

What I like about the Cirrus Jet:
(1) Great and flexible cabin layout
(2) Very comfortable pilot seats
(3) Easy to get in and out
(4) Great looks and relatively small footprint for a jet
(5) G3000 glass cockpit
(6) Cirrus CAPS system (sells to my wife).

What I miss:
(1) Can’t land anymore at Courchevel
(2) Landing only on paved runways
(3) Maybe the payload and range

The glass cockpit looks great to me and I would really love it.

The interior is flexible. It is very easy to take out seats and e.g. to bring along bikes.

The type rating at Aero Poznan involves 4 days of classroom schooling, approx. 4-6 hours in their SF50 simulator and 8-12 hours actual in the SF50 which they rent. I would personally prefer to do the theory at home via distance learning and spend a few more hours in the SF50 simulator with the procedures and avionics suite.

I searched around for G3000 simulator software, but could not find anything other than a training course (by Garmin) not being a simulator that you can play with on your computer. X-Plane has a Cirrus Jet model, but it does not include the G3000 avionics. I also cannot find anywhere online the POH of the SF50. The way I would prefer to work on the type rating is to study the POH at home inside-out, play at home with G3000 simulator software (or alternatively do the Garmin G3000 course), then skip the boring and long theory classroom days and go straight into the SF50 simulator and when proficient, fly the actual SF50 jet.

Last Edited by AeroPlus at 18 Jul 04:18
EDLE, Netherlands

AeroPlus wrote:

I also cannot find anywhere online the POH of the SF50.

Yea that is something I’d be VERY interested in too. I will see if I can get hold of the one based ZRH but so far Cirrus seems to be very reluctant to hand that book out. I wonder why.

Sign in to add your message