Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus Jet (combined thread)

I really do hope they sell tons of them and from the pre-orders, it looks like it will be a hit. At least initially, long term, who knows?

My friend who’s a very successful producer of TV drama (big house in Beverly Hills, cars, vacations, the whole nine yards) is doing his PPL in a Cirrus SR22GT. He’s already talking about buying a SR22 when he’s done, with an eye towards a Cirrus Jet in the future! So they capture that market that nobody else has really been able to capture. Death warmed over in the form of C182’s, B36’s and Mooney’s simply don’t do it for this particular clientele. Doesn’t spark the imagination. And that’s where the CirrusJet will shine. It’s new, it’s a jet and it’s perceived to be an easy step up. Which it is.

Of course. They don’t have 550 orders for no reason. I have flown the full flight Simulator for three hours, and it’s almost easier to fly than a SR22. And the dimensions are such that it fits in a SR22 hangar space.
A good SR22 pilot will fly it safely after three or four days and will spend the most time learning the new avionics …

But 550 is not enough to make it have staying power. The Cessna Mustang has that and just got cancelled after 11 years. We’ll see if Cirrus can continue to keep the sales up after the pre-orders are fulfilled. My prediction is that we’ll see a lot of them on the used market after about 5 years (at lower prices once the owners understand the real costs of turbines), and that will compete heavily with new sales. That said, Cirrus have always been very good at doing small cosmetic updates, marketing the crap out of it and making people think it’s a completely new airframe. If they can keep that up with the Jet, they’ll probably generate enough interest to keep sales going.

Last Edited by AdamFrisch at 29 May 23:50

The other thing is that the Cirrus Jet is a sure bet for a position holder – because Cirrus have the resources to make it a success.

This isn’t some supersonic bizjet.

And for a position holder it is only the initial success that matters. For example we have/had a guy on EuroGA who once posted he held multiple positions.

I wonder what % of the 550 are indeed position holders? It doesn’t really matter because IMHO it will find enough customers but the number 550 may not be a good indication of anything – well not any more than how many people bought shares in British Telecom when it got privatised at a price which guaranteed an instant profit

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am not worried about Cirrus. Their marketing is the best GA has seen in decades and rhey will understand how to tickle the “I MUST have one!!!” Reflex with their SR22 crowd.

And a $200/hr engine program which means whatever happens its their problem? I’ve heard worse. Seeing that this plane will cost more rhan 1000$/hr to fly anyhow?

It is by all means an attractive plane and will tickle all the right emotions. That is how you sell planes.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

And a $200/hr engine program which means whatever happens its their problem?

No, it doesn’t mean that. @AdamFrisch explained what it meant for Williams earlier in this thread (page 58):

AdamFrisch wrote:

And don’t for a second think a maintenance program is like insurance and covers everything. Not at all, you do a hard landing, over temp, abuse, neglect, hot start, contamination, pre- existing conditions, corrosion etc and you’re on the hook for the entire overhaul amount.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Typically there is an engine programme (often optionally with labour) and an airframe parts programme and an airframe labour programme.

Are they all being combined into one on the Cirrus or is that discussion and price only regarding the engine programme?

EGTK Oxford

No, I was just basing the engine talk off of FJ44 pricing. I don’t know if Cirrus will offer a combined engine + parts program. Pro Parts for the Cessna crowd is one that covers the maintenance side, but not sure I’ve ever heard of a combined program. If Cirrus offered such, it would be a lot more than $200/hr per hour. That would just be the engine part, my guess.

AdamFrisch wrote:

No, I was just basing the engine talk off of FJ44 pricing. I don’t know if Cirrus will offer a combined engine + parts program. Pro Parts for the Cessna crowd is one that covers the maintenance side, but not sure I’ve ever heard of a combined program. If Cirrus offered such, it would be a lot more than $200/hr per hour. That would just be the engine part, my guess.

No Cessna with Pratt Citations have:

• ProAdvantage and ProAdvantage+ which cover engines and engines plus labour respectively
  • ProParts which covers parts costs nose to tail including brakes and tyres excluding oils, fluids and gases
  • ProTech which covers airframe labour.

Looks like TAP Blue is available for the Cirrus Jet which is a good programme and covers FOD, bird and hail damage.

Last Edited by JasonC at 30 May 12:13
EGTK Oxford

There you go, learn every day. How much is ProAdvantage+ and ProParts and ProTech per hour on the Mustang, JasonC?

Sign in to add your message