Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Robin aircraft in receivership

That makes it even more funny. Green grants…

Anyway, most of these bodies are “integrated” with govt policy, especially in France.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have not seen many TB10, TB200,TB20 around in ACB? for sure none is used for CPL

Mine was previously owned by an aeroclub which was certainly using it for IR training and I guess also CPL. They also had (still have) an SR22, definitely scarce in the ACB world, so they’re not really typical.

I’m not at all surprised that Robin managed to get money from the French government, the French view is that is the kind of thing governments are for. But I’d be surprised if it came via the DGAC, which is strictly a regulatory body.

LFMD, France

They are very rare, unicorns with hens teeth or unicorns

Mine was previously owned by an aeroclub which was certainly using it for IR training and I guess also CPL

Which aeroclub used to offer IRSE and CPL/SE?

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Mar 14:42
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

The cash may not have come from the DGAC bank account but clearly the DGAC applied pressure (originating from whoever was signing the cheques) on Robin by dragging their heels (or outright refusing) to certify some proposed airframes.

The DGAC has specific people who certify (or not) specific brands. For example Socata had a Madame Klinka (probably now retired) who was responsible for the TB (and possibly TBM) project at the DGAC. She was very helpful to me when I was going G to N in 2005 – once I managed to speak to her which wasn’t easy because the DGAC switchboard immediately disconnected any incoming call which wasn’t French

France operates its institutions in an “integrated” manner. Well, everybody does when there are sufficiently pressing reasons. But France doesn’t try to hide that pressure is being applied somewhere. Everybody can see it. AF447, Concorde… The Brits and others just hide it badly

Whether Robin had the resources to bring out products which would have been successful enough, who knows?

Administrator

For example Socata had a Madame Klinka (probably now retired) who was responsible for the TB (and possibly TBM)

JM Klinka?

I don’t remember but that “Klinka” is a man who died in 2021.

Administrator

Looks like that whole family was involved in certification

Now from receivership into insolvency. French article

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

They will just keep going…

Administrator

Moving to liquidation, the judge having found all 3 take-over offers to be insufficient.
They’re trying to keep the building competences alive via the spare parts operation.

ESMK, Sweden
Sign in to add your message