Wide-ranging Piper Service Bulletin

WilliamF wrote:

I just took one apart today so I know all about it

Will it be for sale, and if, when?
Or only for parts?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Aveling wrote:

Can anyone explain why so many bolts are needed? Is there a mechanism where four of the five bottom bolts contribute anything at all, either to structural strength or long term durability?

The multiple bolt pattern in the each spar cap could be based on maintaining stability of the cap/joint in compression, versus being intended to carry tension or compression loads via shear spread across multiple bolts. Multiple bolts one behind the other do not do the latter effectively, and you can be sure that the designers knew that. It’s still an unusual looking design.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 20 May 14:23
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Snoopy wrote:

Will it be for sale, and if, when?
Or only for parts?

I bought it for parts only. The aeroplane was owned by a real character from the shipping business. He bought an MU2, and made the price of the [deleted] the first weekend he had it, doing a job on a broken fibre optic cable in the North Atlantic. I think this was the first aeroplane I parted out that I had previously flown, so it was a shame in that respect.

Two new wings on it in 2009 at a cost of €30k was the reason I bought it. Good stock to have.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message