Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Homepage - HTML change?

Hello,

Have there been any recent changes to the HTML on the home page?

Looks like the autorouter / latest articles column is now appearing below posts, rather than alongside them. Could have sworn it was working before – this is on a big screen with maximised window, same on Chrome / FF.

EBZW

This has been a long standing issue. It is caused by something subtle in the blocks carrying the promoted threas, which makes these blocks a few pixels wider and this causes the Autorouter block to slip down to the bottom. It is intermittent; every so often when the promote threads get changed, it jumps back to its right place

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hi Peter,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

If I may suggest… I had a look at the HTML and the problems seems to occur when there is an odd (as in not even) number of posts in the non-highlighted section.

When that happens, the <div class=row> that contains the two columns isn’t closed correctly… I’m guessing the closing tag is in the even section of a for loop.

This then means all the </div> tags are offset by one, and the col-md-3 latest-articles ends up being a child of the col-md-9 containing the posts, whereas it really should be its sibling.

Last Edited by Berto at 06 Jan 11:42
EBZW

@Berto

Thanks for that. I’d said all along it was likely a missing closing DIV tag, but when I looked I couldn’t find one missing – I guess when I looked we had an even number of posts. It makes perfect sense, based on how the system renders that series of posts. I’ll fix it shortly.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

All sorted, I hope think.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message