Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Seat belt rewebbing

Need to reweb seat belts for Archer 3. They should ideally come back with Form1. Any tip for a shop for this work?

G

I believe that ACM in Memmingen, Germany can do this. I haven’t tried them, though.

http://www.acm-aerospace.com/126-safety-belt-overhaul

Vince

LSZK, Switzerland

There’s a company in Woking called FDTS. It may be worth asking them.

Forever learning
EGTB

Thanks for the links.

I could buy new ones from Alpha Aviation (Amsafe), but I would like to keep the “original” Archer III hardware (buckles etc).

Come to think of it it might be better to exchange everything for new, as the inertia reels probably will start acting up soon anyways.

Regards,
G

Did you ask FDTS?

Forever learning
EGTB

Does anyone have up to date contacts for replacing the seat belts in a Socata TB20?

I am reliably informed that the Citroen 2CV one is the one Socata use. It does look identical, and Socata use a lot of parts from Renault, Citroen, and various homebuilt market suppliers, and they “certify” them and sell them for 10x to 20x the cost. The current cost of a seat belt from Socata is about 1k.

There are also firms in the US which can reportedly do it quite fast; this is one of them. This is another.

I spoke to one German firm at Aero EDNY (they always exhibit there) and they could not do anything for a Socata aircraft.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Have you tried ASF safety belts?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I think that was the company which could not do Socata stuff.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Schroth is based in Germany, so if they can help you, shipping should be cheaper and faster than to the US.

I had business with them last year. They insisted on upfront payment, but work was done within a week after the money arrived.

EDXN, ETMN, Germany
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message