Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Site Improvements (merged)

Is there a way of uploading images from a mobile device? Safari doesnt switch to desktop site nor there is a switch on forum software.

Thanks

Germany

Check your account preferences. There should be a mobile device checkbox.

On a mobile device on which every app is full-screen, you obviously cannot do drag/drop like you can on a PC, so you need to enable the extra features bar above the text entry box.

Also here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We really could use a merged category will ALL most recent posts.

Sometimes you want to go back to some thread you’ve seen recently, or just want to see the last stuff that has been discussed, but threads have been pushed out of the home page. And it’s tedious to have to go through each topic category. There’s little enough activity that seeing all threads in one merged category (« All recent posts ») would be very useful, especially if you can go back some pages like other categories. Such a page would also mitigate the different levels of engagement between promoted and non-promoted threads.

Maybe I missed it but I’ve not seen this !

Last Edited by maxbc at 19 Apr 04:51
France

There’s little enough activity that seeing all threads in one merged category (« All recent posts ») would be very useful, especially if you can go back some pages like other categories.

Doesn’t Active Threads fulfill this functionality?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

So I did miss it… Thanks !

As a dopamine-drugged millenial, I only click on flashy things ^^ (and this page could definitely use some highlighting, perhaps a link in the categories menu) and I definitely think the engagement difference between promoted and non-promoted threads is primarily due to the Active Threads page not being put forward enough.

Latest Posts doesn’t exist in the mobile version (only “active threads”). “Latest posts” is not very practical because threads are not merged (so you get the same thread 10 times), but posts take a lot less space on a mobile screen so the presentation IMO is better, while on “Active threads” or categories each thread takes a lot of space (it definitely does the job).

Last Edited by maxbc at 19 Apr 05:42
France

You can bookmark threads too.

Re promoted threads, yes they get way better participation but this is possible only if the 1st post is not too big. See here

https://www.euroga.org/forums/website/11415-requirements-for-posts-promoted-to-home-page-banners

However most people keep forgetting, no matter how often I post the above

There are no simple solutions. In other words, it would cost too much

Administrator

I think adding a link pointing to the Active Threads page in the main menu (maybe titled « All threads ») along with other categories, would go a long way. It certainly does not seem costly to me.

Last Edited by maxbc at 19 Apr 07:29
France

As the desktop version has it, it should be just a style sheet change.

Someone should be able to work it out externally.

Administrator

I know everyone likes to change things In an effort to make things better especially in IT but please don’t change things too much.
All improvements often make things more difficult for us old fossils as they always happen just as we have got used to something.
On my Smartphone I have Active Threads up immediately I go into the browser.
They normally newest at the top and have the word " New" after the thread title, so I know whether or not I am up to date on that thread. I only don’t get the word “new” when I am not signed in.
I once tried the Flyer forum which does not have any of these attributes and after a couple of visits never went back.:)

France

gallois wrote:

I have Active Threads up immediately

Same here, phone, pad, main station, I always (and way too frequently…) come on EuroGA thru the Active Threads prompt.
Sure don’t wanna miss on writing some garbage I’ll regret later 🙈

PS
Good thing to re-read one’s own post during the reprieve imparted 😇

Last Edited by Dan at 19 Apr 08:19
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message