Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Plotting your flights on a map

Most EFIS systems log GPS coordinates, along with a lot of other data, and are easy to get in CSV in a batch mode.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

So now we just need a batch export from SD…

You have G5 and G3X, you can just upload logs from those avionics, much better data anyway than a mere tracklog export from an app.

You can also download FR24 etc.. tracklogs and upload them.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 04 Jan 08:13
always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks for the hints @Snoopy.
You are right, but I was looking to plot previous years, before I was “modern” avionics equipped.

You piqued my curiosity, and I just checked, my oldest SD log dates April 2017. I just had jumped ship from AirNavPro which I used for the previous years. And, believe it or not, real paper charts/log before that…

Yes, I will dive into the amazing FlySto again

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

@Snoopy – another praise on FlySto! I have uploaded a track from Foreflight to play around a bit – it is amazing to see the amount of detail even with “just” the FF-logfile… Looks like i have to start exporting logs from SkyDemon manually one-by-one if there is no alternative arising to that (i.e. batch-export )……..

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

Thank you! Ask SkyDemon to enable batch export.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Ask SkyDemon to enable batch export

Done (again)

Since the weather is all but inviting, I’ve had a little bit of time to play… first I tried to assess the amount of time needed to extract the log data from SD, one by one as suggested here. Yes, though I have to restart my Mac under Windows and take it from there, it works better than having to mail each individual log out of the iPad…
Still, to save it, the log must have a name (number), and though I have a decent internet connection, the loading of all the logs takes some time… so, still far from an ideal solution. More rainy down the deck clouds days might help

Since I had set aside my 252 extracted 2019 flights, they uploaded easily into flysto, which is really an amazing piece of kit.
Not sure what the limit on the amount of logs is, nor how long the features available now will remain free, but having it all including engine data is downright impressive.
What is the difference between Real Tracks (A-to-B) and Real Tracks (all)? As can be noted, a number of tracks, such as for example LECO – LFBZ, only show when all is selected, though they were A-to-B flights?

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

What is the difference between Real Tracks (A-to-B) and Real Tracks (all)?

All includes local A-A flights (intention was A-B hides traffic patterns etc..).

A useful version of FlySto will remain free for a generous number of uploaded hours per year for typical use cases of individual pilots.

Please send the links of the A-B flights not showing via quick feedback in FlySto, probably a bug.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 06 Jan 16:40
always learning
LO__, Austria

A useful version of FlySto will remain free for a generous number of uploaded hours per year for typical use cases of individual pilots.

If it’s not a secret, what’s the business model behind it? Is there a possibility of small donation to make it survive?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Currently it is still about product development with business development starting more and more.

The business model is
- revenue share with Air-Sync.com
- subscriptions for advanced features
- custom flight data analysis for fleet operators (flight training, commercial operators etc).
- custom solutions for owner pilot associations
- some other things hopefully

always learning
LO__, Austria

So I asked about batch, or a quicker way to export logs from SkyDemon, the exchange is on the forum.

As for flysto, I’m still impressed… zooming in on my 2023 flights, flysto sure will help me avoid the airways and plan flights over unchartered parts of the country I’m based at present

PS
Capital city Bern seems pretty well protected…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message