Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GRAMET (merged thread)

What threshold do you use for fraction of convective cloud to plot? And how do you show its amount? I’ve sometimes found some convective cloud where none was shown on that GRAMET: not sure if this is simply not in the model or below some sort of threshold.

There is no threshold. The fraction just determines how often the convective cloud icon is plotted.

The icon is relatively big, so there’s a limit on how accurate changing fractions can be displayed.

LSZK, Switzerland

So even if the coverage is 0.05, it still plots an icon? (That’s good.) Has it always been like that?

autorouter BOT: GRAMET support

In another thread, somebody requested a chart that shows freezing levels. The best source of that information is a GRAMET in my opinion. You get it as part of your briefing pack and you can also request it directly.

Another handy way of generating a GRAMET is now built into the autorouter instant messenger BOT (robot).

There are two types of GRAMETs:

• location GRAMET
  • route GRAMET

The former shows the weather forecast for a single location over the course of some time. The standard setting is 24h. This can look as follows:

A route GRAMET is generated when you supply more than one waypoint. There can be any number of waypoints.

The standard is departure right now and a flight duration of one hour. You can influence those settings using the DEPXX and EETXX parameters which supply the departure time in hours from now and total enroute time in minutes. For a 3h flight 13 hours from now you would do:

Due to the computing and data intensive nature of GRAMET, this command takes longer than the others and right now, it has very limited tolerance to invalid waypoints. Hope it’s useful!

Bumping an older thread, I hope that’s ok.

The TAFs at EKCH is forecasting +TSRA tonight and ESMS (std)TSRA but the Autorouter ogimet doesn’t indicate anything other than low clouds and low chance of TS (max -2.1). I’ve entered a flight from Copenhagen to Malmö, duration 6 hours :) (to check wx only).

We’ll see tomorrow who’s correct, according to blitzortung it will be the TAF. I’m just surprised that the difference is so significant.

Last Edited by martin-esmi at 05 Jul 20:01

The first pic the forecast, the other three real live weather!

EDAZ

But you do know how to to make screenshots on the ipad, don’t you?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It is a workaround with the iPhone.
Just press the home and the sleep/wake button at the same time.

Buttons

Last Edited by mdoerr at 06 Jul 16:42
United Kingdom

Oh thx for this information, lesson learned :-)
But I choose a differend way!

EDAZ

Achimha, wow- you are very gifted!! Just one thing, dep35 isn’t working and is being treated as dep0 unless the sequence of commands is correct. For example dep35 doesn’t work if added to end of sequence but does just after word gramet.

Last Edited by DMEarc at 06 Jul 22:27
Sign in to add your message