Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sarzana LIQW - Looking for info

Please let us know if it really worked out and what the burocratic hoops / restrictions were.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Although I was told that sarzana would be the airport, looks like Luca might actually be closer to the venue. Anything special to know about it?

I was in Lucca last week.

No PPR required. I emailed [email protected] and gave them the flight details anyway.

Fuel was €2.29/litre including taxes. I think it was another €100 to land and park for four days (A36 Bonanza, 4 PoB).

If you’re staying in Viareggio the taxi was €100, so with few bags, better to taxi to Lucca town and get the €3 bus to Viareggio.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Thanks a lot. The plane I’m going is half way between viareggio and Lucca. The plan is to get picket up but it’s always good to have alternatives, especially when plan A relies on disorganised Italians.

Lucca airport would be about 15-20 minutes by car from the mid-point between Viareggio and Lucca, about half as far as the time from LIQW, so it does seem like a convenient option. Peter flew to Lucca a while ago and wrote it up.

(I visit a friend periodically in Montramito, just east of Viareggio and I’ll be there again in a few weeks)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 18 Aug 14:35
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message