Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip to Roma Urbe LIRU

Good evening
I am looking for info for a flight next spring
to Roma Urbe.I am VFR and need an airport between Nimes (France) and Roma.I thought about LIQW for example but it is military and for authorized fly clubs from Italy.Have you an idea ?
Thanks

LFDU, Belgium

Flew and stayed there a few years ago.As usual,friendly,bit disorganized,no open jaw charges,avgas.BUT observe the fine print about Intl arrivals and download the tricky VFR arrival routes,points,plates from AIP.And dont expect them to speak anything but Italian,except TWR .

LGGG

Hi Rallye,

land at Massa-Cinquale, LILQ, one of the most beautiful airfields in Italy, despite the somewhat poor runway. Featured here. Check opening times. Avgas usually priced OK by Italian standards. Restaurant on-site. 5 minutes walk to the beach if you have a little bit of spare time.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

You can land at LIRJ Marina di Campo…the beautiful airport on Elba island. Really a scenic airport. Landing fees are fine but fuel is unfortunately very expansive.
A good option for fuel is Calvi LFKC or Lucca LIQL is another fine airport for a stop.

LILV, Italy

Med flyer
From which airport are you speaking ?

LFDU, Belgium

Rallye wrote:

From which airport

You propably want to say :“For which airport”. I speak about Urbe.Have a look here:
https://www.you-fly.com/airport/liru/Rome#list
But if you insist “From which”, it was LGKR.

Last Edited by MedFlyer at 18 Dec 07:17
LGGG

Md flyer,sorry for my bad english…it was effectively For which.
I contacted LILQ and that don’t seems a good idea,because mandatory to be member of the club and the cost is 300 euros (for one landing tha’s expensive)
And for the moment,there is a notam reducing the lenghts of the runways.Here their answer.Do you have other ideas ?

Sarzana-Luni (LIQW) is a military airport open to civil traffic of the Italian Aeroclub.____

We point out the arrangements planned for next year to operate on the Luni-Sarzana airport (LIQW) with your own airplane.

It is required to send a copy of the following documents:

1. Flight license
2. ID
3. Airworthiness certificate of the aircraft
4. Certificate of insurance of the aircraft (please note that after the expiry date we must receive a new certificate)

• It is necessary to subscribe to our association, paying the reduced fee of € 300.00 (registration covers the calendar year up to December 31st).

Payment must be made to:

Aeroclub Lunense "P. Lombardi "
Via Alta 44
Sarzana
IBAN: IT27P0603049670000046255727

Finally, please note that one week is required to complete the authorization process.

We inform you that the runway is temporarily reduced as per attached notam.
A map of the airport is also attached.
We sincerely hope that in the next spring the problem will be solved.
In any case, before arriving at LIQW it is necessary to verify everything.

Best regards

Aeroclub Lunense

LFDU, Belgium

Rallye wrote:

I contacted LILQ and that don’t seems a good idea,because mandatory to be member of the club and the cost is 300 euros
Are you sure this was LILQ? Recent feedback in SD says landing fee is 20€ and no mention of required membership.

ESMK, Sweden

It is clear from the above that this was referred to Sarzana (LIQW) which is indeed only very very slowly becoming accessible for GA visitors.

LILQ is open since forever and a wonderful place.

Anyway, Rallye, when you ask a question like this, you should give some detail as to why you want to land. Fuel? Food? Just a short break? Depending on that, replies will be very different…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I am confused.Yes i did a mistake and effectively i spook about LIQW and not LILQ.
I want to land for refueling and overnight there.

LFDU, Belgium
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message