Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Dresden EDDC 12/13 August 2017

These is the information Chris got on his request from Dresden airport. He posted it on telegram:

Dear all, I got the following answer from the Dresden GAT, Mrs Claudia Neubauer: Dresden has a weekend special from Friday 1:00 pm to Monday 10 am (+/- a few minutes). Cots of the weekend special are: AC up to LFZ 1,2 t à 20,34 €, 1,2 – 1,7 t à 35,68 € and 1,7 – 2,0 t à 53,53 €. Additional are DFS charges. AVGAS is avaialable from the truck au the individual parking position, payable in cash or credit card. For those staying overnight will we send to Ramp 1. D-Rings/Lashes enough existing. All arricals are brought to the terminal by the Marshaller. No Slot or PPR necessary. Mrs Neubauer would appreciate it if she could get an information about AC types and callsigns and ETA´s.
Any requests can be send by e-Mail fax or phone to Mrs Neubauer
General Aviation
Flughafen Dresden GmbH
Flughafenstraße
01109 Dresden
Germany
Telefon +49(0)351/881-3270
Telefax +49(0)351/881-3275
[email protected]

EDDS , Germany

Is the Telegram thing mandatory?

No; we just use it on our fly-ins to organise where everybody is, eating places, meetings, etc. It just works very well. It’s a very simple to use android/ios/windows app, also exists as a browser version. Telegram is similar to whatsapp but works much much better, which is why it is popular with terrorists The only thing Whatsapp has is a lot more users.

But since Whatsapp was bought by Facebook, FB now has the whole world’s mobile numbers and their full names, which is really bad. The really funny bit will be when Google buys Facebook But, seriously, Whatsapp has some issues e.g. all messages go via the phone so if the phone doesn’t have an internet connection, nothing works.

Without something like this, people have to monitor the forum thread, which some don’t do, and it’s inconvenient. Also many people don’t want to use their full names in the forum, with good reason. With Telegram you can e.g. just transmit your location and everybody can see where you are.

Also on a meet-up there is a lot of trivial chat which you would not want to clutter a forum thread with. Another thing is that most people don’t want their picture posted in a forum.

It’s just a handy tool for meet-ups…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Current interest:

Aveling
eddsPeter
Dimme
ploucandco
chrisparker ?
Arne
Emir
Chris
Ambiorix
Peter

plus 1 or 2 others who are in the Telegram group and who I can’t easily relate to forum identities

2 weeks to go!

Administrator

There is a slight chance I will be there, too. Joined the Telegram group for now.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

It looks like that we will have a nice meet up.

EDDS , Germany

I might have left out @oycdd

Administrator

Hi all,
I really hope the weather will cooperate ;)
I am planning on meeting up!

I will make this a ‘double trip’, I will visit some friends in Dresden at the same time.

Hope to see you all in 2 weeks

/Mårten

ESMS

I will bring some EuroGA T-shirts with me, if they arrive in time, so anyone who hasn’t already said and would like one, drop me a line with the size. It won’t be many because we have backpacks only. Justine and I will be there; we have airline tickets because I have some last-minute avionics stuff to fix and while it will be fixed in time (a replacement AHRS is coming from the USA) I need to do some flight testing and there isn’t much time left. Also Justine would come only by airline.

Administrator

Sometimes you just have to be paitient enough and things work out in your favor in the end…

Seems I will be able to attend the fly-in next weekend! Looking forward to meet some of you…

Tobias

Friedrichshafen EDNY

Quite a bit of rain in Germany (and in Dresden) on Thursday and Friday. Rain will stop Friday night. Saturday and Sunday looking dry, with a mix of cloud and some sun. 22 degrees max and 13 degrees min on Saturday. Currently a 50% chance of me coming over on Saturday.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message