Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pireps On Dubrovnik LDDU (and claiming back VAT)

even LDLO and LDSB are not really ‘cheap’ destinations

Off topic for LDDU but I’d suggest €50 is dirt cheap

• on the scale of general GA expenses
  • for the stunningly attractive destination
  • for the price of a nice 1kg fish for two
  • for the friendly welcome
  • for the amazing El Paso cafe and its seafood salads

But don’t tell them otherwise they will hike it to €100

Here, we pay €35 for LFAT and there is bugger-all else (due to 24/48hr PN) and frankly there are few destinations which even approach LDLO/LDSB in quality.

LDDU has been a great stop for Greece, so it is a pity if one has to deposit a few hundred there… It has great opening hours, too.

@eal may be interested.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Off topic for LDDU but I’d suggest €50 is dirt cheap
I wouldn’t call it expensive, but it’s pretty on the high scale for ‘just’ a simple GA airport. We’re talking about Croatia, not Switzerland. Comparable airfields would cost way less in most of Europe. Yes, El Paso is nice, but a good restaurant shouldn’t have any influence on the landing fee. Besides: I didn’t find the airfield staff in Losinj to be friendly at all, especially not the grumpy ramp agents. To get a warm welcome, I prefer to visit a random Aviosuperificie in Italy, which cost me only a few Euros, if any at all.

LDDU is a different story as an international (airliner) airport, for which €50 would be rather cheap these days. However, €200+ is still a lot of money. Sorry.
Last Edited by Frans at 24 Jun 14:27
Switzerland

I prefer to visit a random Aviosuperificie in Italy

Not that I’m justifying prices at LDLO but it’s international airport with instrument approaches. I’m sure they earn enough but these things cost some money. So in that sense it’s hardly comparable to any aviosuperficie.

We’re talking about Croatia, not Switzerland.

Unfortunately the cost of living in Croatia has been increased significantly and we see many prices comparable to Switzerland, so we have to price our services at the same level.

Last Edited by Emir at 25 Jun 06:04
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

As the above discussion has been moved by Peter to here, I wanted to add that a pilot friend reported positive parking PPR in LDDU for July. So apparently you can still get a parking spot, regardless of NOTAM?

Switzerland
64 Posts
Sign in to add your message