Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA fly-in Brac LDSB Croatia 16-19 September 2016

Rented a Villa have an extra room available good for either a single or a couple. Beautiful place with a pool and an ocean view. One from our group dropped out after we booked. Its about 82 Euros a night. Let me know if anyone is interested.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/13408357?eluid=0&euid=a87f1fad-5f43-c585-c0bd-853938069ef2

KHTO, LHTL

I might join with my wife arriving on Sat Sept 17 from Athens, then park the plane at Split and catch a commercial flight home (and return to pick up the plane in a week or two). I should know for sure by the end of this week.

We are experimenting with combining commercial flights with GA. That is, we preposition the plane in a place we like, fly there on a commercial flight, fly around on our plane over a weekend (or longer holiday), then leave it behind and come back to pick it up a week or two later on a cheap commercial flight. It gives us more time to fly around places we want to be. The plane is now in Thessaloniki (after trips to Naxos, Samos, Paros and Megara). In two weeks time, we plan to have it in Megara, and by mid September, we could start moving it up the Adriatic coast. If you work, it makes it possible to fly interesting places without disrupting your professional life.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 21 Aug 18:10
Tököl LHTL

C210_Flyer wrote:

What about Sarmellek LHSM?

4 weeks ago the price of AVGAS at LHSM was 740 Forints. It would be a great place for a fly in in the winter (visit the thermal lake at Heviz). I was there in July (kind a dumb time to go, and resolved to visit in the winter). The airport is friendly and hassle free.

Tököl LHTL

What is the cost of tie down in Brac? Might leave the plane there 1-2 weeks after the fly in.

Tököl LHTL

park the plane at Split

That’s not the best idea during the summer: usually it’s crowdy and it’s not easy to get the place and it’s expensive (€24/day for 2 ton aircraft).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Planning to be there. Anyone from Poland comming?

EPBC

I suggest joining the telegram group. See first post in this thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@WhiskeyPapa
Confirm the € 24 / day at LDSP, it is a much better idea to park the plane on Brac island. You take the bus down to Supetar, the ferry to Split and a bus to the airport. SEND me a message when you are there, i might be in Split around there, i can drive you to the airport, or take you to Germany in the plane if it works out …

90% likely I’ll make it. Will park at Brac arriving Sept 5. Will fly in commercial to meet the gang and fetch the plane.

Last Edited by WhiskeyPapa at 23 Aug 17:26
Tököl LHTL

@flyer59
Thanks for the offer! I/we might take you up on the offer of an drive to Split airport if we decide to leave the plane there, but most likely we’ll fly to Athens on Sunday.

Tököl LHTL
Sign in to add your message