Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

GA destinations in Europe - map

Dear flyers, this is an idea I am playing with for last few weeks. Sometimes we have a destination for our flight, sometimes we just want to fly and the destination is a kind of excuse. To have lunch, to swim in the sea or just to see other airport than the one you have landed 756 times.
To help our decision making, I had created a map linked below. Most of inputs are from discussions on this marvelous forum, I also added some of my favorite places. The list is never to be complete and it´s not intend. The same way I am not intending to build a database of landing fees/fuel prices. You-fly.com is the place to put this information.

If you feel some damn good place is missing, feel free to post here or use email address above the map. The same, if you don´t agree with my assessment or just find error, speak up.
the link is: www.orlita.net/sep

Last Edited by Michal at 09 Oct 20:23
LKKU, LKTB
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

LeSving, thanks for the link, I was not aware of that. Actually, I might saw the link while ago but it looked inconsistent- discussing visa request at MUC is not that relevant for our GA. Some of airports there are closed (LKCL – since 2001, or LKHO since 2009). Goal of my map is to be more up to date and with a “personal” touch. I do not want to list all the airports, I do not want to keep track how many times the place was visited. I am aware this is a commitment from my self and guys can point fingers after few months- “hey, another abandoned web project”. I want to keep this map as my destination wish list, so there is a motivation for myself to keep it alive ;-)

LKKU, LKTB

Does the site use Flash? The map is not shown on iPhone.

Last Edited by Emir at 11 Oct 07:54
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have no idea what is it, this is a google map embedded into HTML. Works fine on Android ;-)
The map can be also viewed under this link directly at google maps.

Last Edited by Michal at 11 Oct 11:05
LKKU, LKTB

@Michal: your initiative has no particular interest for me, I have my own wish list and need no www tool to keep it in memory ;) Sure enough, if perhaps you do not much good you certainly do no ill ; and it may always bring some inspiration to someone.

As for ourairports: I am an active contributor, and will update it with your info about the closed fields; which is confirmed by Patrik Sainers 2015 publications.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

You are not required to use it, Jan.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Of course, not. I did have a vague feeling my reaction might sound negative to some, but it really wasn’t meant that way. Really more like “live and let live”. A bit like the flying we do… Fly and let fly;)

But yes, I know there are people around that can find a negative in any writing…

Last Edited by at 11 Oct 16:09
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I was offended only for short time. I am happy to know ourairports is alive and having and active contributor(s), to me it looked a bit strange but I am really ok to find out I am wrong. I felt more offended by comment about verifying with Patrik ;-) Just tell him you are not sure about my reliability – I know him for almost 20 years. Not sure he answers right now, there is a significant change in CZ airspace coming into force next week so he might be busy with distribution of changes – hopefully he is done with printing.
but seriously – my map is really my map I started putting together when thinking about some swim capable destination. I´ll be happy to include any comment I get (if any), I´ll be happy to keep track of good suggestion on this site.

few correction to myairports:
Cihadlo (north west of Prostejov) is not a valid airport, no idea what is it
PRV – Prerov – not an airbase any, hopefully it will stay as the airfield. Not clear yet
Dolni Rozinka – N of LKKA – not an airport (might be unlicence Ul field)
LKOT renamed into Zlin only, changed to LKZL – very recent change
LKVL is Vlasim, not Vlasin, “temporary closed”. For many year,¨
LKTC is not a glider port any more, there are no gliders there
LKHR – does not exist
Czech airports are available at "VFR manual ":http://lis.rlp.cz/vfrmanual/actual/gen_1_cz.html – published by Czech ANSP

LKKU, LKTB

When something is not of particular interest to me I don’t comment it. I guess that’s sufficient for showing lack of interest without stressing it. However, if I emphasize something and say that’s not of interest, of course it sounds negative. Maybe it’s language barrier but it sounds logical to me – which is obvious because it’s my logic.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message