Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flight to Milos and Crete in June 2015

Stephan_Schwab wrote:

However, rules are usually made for a purpose and the rules are supposed to help to achieve the purpose. If they don’t achieve that goal, then the rules should be revised and better rules should be made.

I think we are all in agreement here with your quote. Actually with your whole statement. Nothing drives me more crazy then dumb stupid antiquated rules which nobody remembers why they were made . The only answer given, because it has always been done like that. You have to be a believer in the system.

KHTO, LHTL

Flyer59 wrote:

But (as a girl :-) try to swim topless in Hippie-California :-) Or drink a bottle of beer on the street. No problem in Munich :-)

But thats why Im in Munchen and study German for the past 2 hrs. Its not just for the Bier.

KHTO, LHTL

Ok

Frequent travels around Europe

I was only half serious, and joking, but I thought that’s obvious :-)

Let’s not confuse a few things here.

Beliefs influence culture and culture influences rules, which in turn make people exhibit certain behavior, which then influences their beliefs and culture and it goes around – put in simple terms.

However, rules are usually made for a purpose and the rules are supposed to help to achieve the purpose. If they don’t achieve that goal, then the rules should be revised and better rules should be made.

So when it comes to airport security the question should be what should be secured and why? Frequently the What and the Why is replaced by only a How to apply something out of context. It is usually out of context, because the context is not shared between those who came up with the rules and those who are supposed to apply them. One thinks, while the other is supposed to only act and not think anymore …

Frequent travels around Europe

C210

The Bahamas? Yes, But when you fly TO the Bahamas or come back to the US, there’s many rules for that and one has to be very careful about this stuff. Try leaving your airplane after landing in Fort Pierce before the customs officer comes to the airplane!

Actually, while there’s less “rules” in VFR flying in the US, in general i would say there’s just as many rules in the US as in Germany. They’re only different. Ok, you can buy an M16 or Kalashnikow in the supermarket. But (as a girl :-) try to swim topless in Hippie-California :-) Or drink a bottle of beer on the street. No problem in Munich :-)

Hi atmilatos,

no, i was not “forgotten”. 30 miles out i called “standing by for descent” and got a “maintain 9000”…. 20 miles out I called “standing by for descent” and got a “descend and maintain 7000”…. Then when I was treally close I called “request descent” while i was still IFR and got the reply than I could only descend if I cancelled IFR and landed VFR. So i cancelled and landed VFR after a large circle, as you can see on the video.

I love the Canadian system. Why cant they institute that?

In the Bahamas people are flying all over to unattended airports. But everyone flies to and from airports of entry and exit when arriving and departing from country. Yes there are criminals who break the law but not many compared to honest citizens. When the lawbreakers get caught they get slammed.Why inconvenience everybody because of a few? Use the grey matter God gave to figure out a better way to catch lawless individuals.

KHTO, LHTL

Isn’t order just a unique subset of entropy?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Flyer59 wrote:

None of us has problems with rules!

I can see this is a cultural thing. You have to understand the German mentality. Rules are order, without rules there is no order, only entropy. With entropy there is chaos ergo there is a breakdown in civilization. Without civilization there is no reason for existence.

KHTO, LHTL
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message