Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Another trip over Germany

What about Koln/Bohn airport? Is it GA friendly/expensive?

Yes and yes. About 130 € or so (you get an extra invoice from DFS for approach/departure). Bonn-Hangelar is a nice GA airfield and Mühlheim, too.

I considered Gunzburg with LegoLand (that’s trip for my kids) as next destination, but the weather is not good overthere and no hotels avlbl.

Billund has a Legoland within walking distance from the GAT. Could be an alternative (and a bit closer to Cesis)

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Cologne report from 2013

Not dirt cheap but OK for a rare visit.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

pshz, I second Achim’s advice – Bonn-Hangelar EDKB is a very friendly GA aerodrome situated within walking distance from the local public transport, and their fuel prices are typically a bit lower than at other nearby aerodromes (they carry both 100LL and 91UL). Be sure to study their noise abatement regulations, though.

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 21 Jul 18:18
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Thank you. Generally, I plan EDKB, but there’s a chance of late arrival. Regarding Billund, yes, it’s an option for Cesis, but I’m in Rust now and heading east. I’ve visited Billund 2 years ago – for park it’s really convinient and cheap for GA.

EVCA

and heading east

Any chance of you reaching Prague in the coming days?

Yes, I’ve sent you pm about that few days ago. We are going to return home with 1-2 day stop in Prague)

EVCA

One more question: is it required to file flight plan from Germany to France?

EVCA

Yes.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Yes, I’ve sent you pm about that few days ago. We are going to return home with 1-2 day stop in Prague)

Sergey, I haven’t received anything, and I also sent you a message a couple of weeks ago – did you get it? I can be found at: anton at dot com, or 420 608 107 921.

Sign in to add your message