Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Manston EGMH (closed 2014, may re-open)

@Capitaine, ….will do.
With Peter’s permission, I will publicise it on a new thread.

On the day, six did make it…. out of eighty plus requests.
Next time we’ll organise the WX ‘in house’, rather than sub-contracting to Thor & Co.

United Kingdom

Will it reopen to GA though? The stuff I’ve seen makes it look airline/air cargo (which means GA will likely be outpriced).

Andreas IOM

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/thanet/news/airport-redevelopment-plan-granted-take-off-as-legal-challen-293929/

Still a long way to go.
The objectors are hugely determined. After all, you may like living near an airport much more if there are no aircraft!!
I’m really hoping it opens. We used it regularly to visit family and friends who are still very near by.

As far as I know despite some of them being on the Flightplan they aren’t objectors lol.

United Kingdom

Thanks for the advance notice on the fly-in @onfinal. I was thinking of going last minute, but was scared off by the thunderstorms that day. It would be nice if you could let us know of any future ones

Last Edited by Capitaine at 27 Sep 10:06
EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Some school formerly based there is claiming that the airport is re-opening but I can’t find a clear external link.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The same trio that organised the May Fly-in to Manston have another date for your dairy.
The Kent Strut, RiverOak and Polar Helicopters invite you to the Manston Fly-in

Sunday 17th September commencing 09:30 local time.

See the attached ‘poster’ for information.
It is essential one contacts Polar Helicopters +44 1843 823067 well in advance to PPR and agree an arrival ETA.
Polar are coordinating arrivals, departures and providing airfield information.
Manston_poster_pdf
May was a big success… now looking forward to September.

United Kingdom

Today – with only 1 day to go – the Crowd Funding by the handful of troublesome protesters is some £20K short.

Now I see they have given themselves another 30 days.
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Reverting to the original topic theme:
The revival and reopening of Manston airport is still far from certain
A legal challenge, which took everyone by surprise – especially River Oak Strategic Partners who have already invested £Millions – against the government’s decision to give the go-ahead for the development of Manston airport is due to take place at the Royal Courts of Justice on 5-6 July, according to an update on the crowdfunding page for the legal action.

The challenge, brought by Ramsgate resident, Jenny Dawes, aims to quash the development consent order granted by government for RiverOak Strategic Partners’ (RSP) Manston airport project.

Today – with only 1 day to go – the Crowd Funding by the handful of troublesome protesters is some £20K short.
Remember: “It is not over, till it’s over . . .”

Last Edited by Peter_G at 30 May 14:34
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

It wasn’t an LAA event but was posted on a couple of forums and social media pages. It was popular due to it being such a rare opportunity to get Manston in the logbook.

Manston is not normally open at all and this was a one off event.

United Kingdom

Manston is sort of open again.

They held a big fly-in. It wasn’t really promoted so they did well. Looks like an internal LAA event

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
72 Posts
Sign in to add your message