Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Manston EGMH (closed 2014, may re-open)

Ramsgate – a tourist destination ?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Ramsgate – a tourist destination ?

From here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsgate : Ramsgate’s main attraction is its coastline, and its main industries are tourism and fishing. Not that I’ve been there, though. Unfortunately I never managed to get a place on one of the hovercrafts which “flew” to Ramsgate until the early 1980ies. An opportunity which will never come back…

Last Edited by what_next at 04 Jul 11:57
EDDS - Stuttgart

Manston has been sold to someone who wants to re-open it and turn it into a freight hub.

here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That doesn’t make sense. Why would there be a compulsory purchase order if they have bought it?

EGTK Oxford

The new owners were attempting a compulsory purchase order after several various attempts to aquite the site.
Over the last year or so, in the public eye it appeared they would never be successful in obtaining the order but the others may have decided the land ( which they wanted for housing) would be worth more in a sensible deal rather than a CPO defined by government.

All they need to do now is get a shipping container office on the apron for landing fee, and give 600m of it a sweep and I’ll be back!
Here’s hoping. Lol.

United Kingdom
Administrator

I hope the Government fast-track this, to get the freight hub open in time to handle the toilet rolls.
( Non UK and UK non-Matt followers may not understand.)

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 12 Oct 19:27
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

The airport looks like it will re-open, as a freight hub.

Development consent local copy

Administrator

Peter wrote:

The airport looks like it will re-open, as a freight hub.

I suppose that means even more controlled airspace in the south east.

I suppose that means even more controlled airspace in the south east.

Hopefully it will mean Radar, PBN, a place for GA and Maintenance.

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message