Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFPT Pontoise

I am planning to head over to Pontoise some point in the next week or two when the weather is suitable - any recent experience? I have seen the gotchas as regard SIDs and so on, though Jepp now mentions omnidirectional departures for IFR flights. The AIP lists it as 24h PNR for customs - has anyone seen how this works in practice since they made the change? I really want to avoid a cursory customs stop at Calais or Le Touquet as it would be a massive pain in the neck.

London area

I went there a while ago - before the ambiguity over Customs started.

Good to know Customs are officially back (even if 24hrs PNR which kills most quick trips to Paris) otherwise there would not be any "Paris" airport available to GA.

They used SIDs and STARs from the LeBourget plates, IIRC. I did have them with me (in electronic form) but the departure clearance just mentioned the SID by name and of course the Pontoise plates did not include it! It was only when I queried it that ATC said it was a Le Bourget SID. Not an issue if you know this...

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Paris is one of the few places where one actually flies the SIDs and STARs in my experience. Earlier this year, they made significant changes to their procedures with lots of new waypoints. Make sure your GPS is up to date.

Don't ask me how I noticed and how long it takes to enter 5 user waypoints using LAT/LONG into a GNS430...

Don't ask me how I noticed and how long it takes to enter 5 user waypoints using LAT/LONG into a GNS430

Ha. I know how long it takes with a touch screen 650 and the 430 would be 3x that I would say!

EGTK Oxford

Paris is one of the few places where one actually flies the SIDs and STARs in my experience.

What did you mean by "one of the few places", can you explain this?

In Croatia (and in my experiance) SIDs are regularly flown and STARs are flown for the runways where there's no ILS approach. If ILS exists, vectoring is most common. Few weeks ago I flew STAR at LDRI for RW 14 which had working ILS - no vectoring was provided.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

So if you have LFPT loaded in your xxx430 for arrival or departure how do you load in the SID or STAR for LeBourget? Rob

I am actually going to check if garmin/jeppesen has them under LFPT as well.

EGTK Oxford

So if you have LFPT loaded in your xxx430 for arrival or departure how do you load in the SID or STAR for LeBourget? Rob

The GNS430 contains all procedures under LFPT. However, you need Le Bourget approach plates to get it on paper.

The GNS430 contains all procedures under LFPT.

That's interesting.

Do you mean that Jepp spotted that one-liner in the Pontoise AIP and actually loaded all the LeBourget arrivals and deps into the database under LFPT? Not just RNAV ones but also all the overlays?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I guess I should verify that but from my memory, I had them all under PROC.

26 Posts
Sign in to add your message