Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

May 2014 EuroGA fly-in Mali Losinj LDLO

Peter at 366

Very good clarification. I’ll be ringing EDTY to see what minimum notice I can get away with.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

As the “German pilot who organises the other event” would be me (Peter, Since when so shy? This is no secret. ):

This is the text we sent to people coming to the Socata TB FlyIn on customs and immigration. Probably a bit too detailed but we have some people coming for whom this is the first GA-trip outside their home country.

Customs / Immigration

As far as we currently know participants will only be flying in directly from and also return to other EU-member states, hence there is no need to clear customs (free movement of goods within the EU). However, there are some restrictions on certain goods which limit im- and export to quantities considered to be appropriate for personal use. These goods are foremost tobacco and alcohol. Whoever came up with the quantities for personal use must have been a very, very heavy drinker and smoker: Current limits are 800 cigarettes or 200 cigars, 10 liters of hard liquor or 90 liters of wine or 110 liters of beer.

So, please feel free to bring that 10 liter barrel of whisky from Scotland or take home a 110 liter keg of German beer. From a customs perspective this is legal without incurring any tax or duties. However, if you are now planning on loading the forementioned 110 liter keg into your TB, please pay close attention to W&B and the load limit of the luggage compartment which in a TB20 is 65 kg.

As to immigration: The Schengen-agreement (free movement of people) covers most member states of the EU with the UK being the major exception. People arriving from Schengen states do not have to clear German border police and can simply go their way upon arrival without the need to give any prior notice etc.

Participants coming from the UK will have to clear immigration upon entering Schengen. Once you have done that you will then be ok to move freely within the Schengen-zone, i.e. coming from the UK you could clear immigration in France or Belgium and then continue on to Hall without any further consideration towards immigration. As the immigration processes vary from country to country and also from airfield to airfield we will only outline the process for participants planning on flying directly from the UK to Hall and also returning from Hall to the UK without any further stops in between.

The immigration process for Hall is pretty straightforward:

Please write a mail 24 hours before your planned arrival or departure to [email protected]. Such mail would reach the GA service people at EDTY and should contain the following data:

- Registration of the plane
- ICAO-code of departure airport in the UK / destination airport in the UK
- People on board (POB)
- Nationalities of POB
- Planned ETA / ETD in Hall (please indicate whether local or UTC)

The GAT guys will forward your data to the German border police. In case the police would like to meet you, they will show up at the field before/at your ETA/ETD, inspect your passports and ask a few questions. If they do not show up, you will be good to go. If, however, you should arrive earlier than your indicated ETA you will have to remain on the field until your original ETA has passed. Also, if you want to leave earlier than your indicated ETD you will have to talk to the GAT people who in turn will contact the Border police enquiring whether it is ok for you to leave or not.

Contact details for the airport

Flugplatz Schwäbisch Hall GmbH
GAT
D-74523 Schwäbisch Hall
Tel. +49 791 949 4520
Fax +49 791 949 4521
[email protected]
www.edty.de
-————————————————————————————————-

The official request by the GAT-people was 24 h notice but in practice this can be cut down quite a bite. As achimha and others suggested, just give them a call. They are very friendly and helpful.

Last Edited by RXH at 19 May 07:47
RXH
EDML - Landshut, Munich / Bavaria

Yesterday left my home airfield with heading to Losinj.

First leg – the longest one – was 3.5 hours to Warsaw. Next Krakow, Vienna and then Losinj :)

EVCA

First leg – the longest one – was 3.5 hours to Warsaw. Next Krakow, Vienna and then Losinj :)

Great, see you there!

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter, Since when so shy? This is no secret.

Because I have to respect the privacy of forum usernames, etc

Also I would not openly post the briefing pack which you prepared, without your permission, which I didn’t have because I had not got around to asking for it.

Last Edited by Peter at 19 May 08:55
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

One of the pilots that would join us to Croatie just dropped out, so we have a spare seat available, from EHLE-LDLO

Three spare seats aviable from EDAZ, depature Saturday 08:00 LOC and back on Sunday 16:00 LOC.

EDAZ

My plan is to leave thursday afternoon and then either fly via Wiener Neustad and visit the Diamond factory (if possible) or to go via Inssbruck or Annemasse. Arrive on thursday evening or friday morning and return saturday.

By the way Looks like saturday will gave some raindrops there.

As we are now at page xxxx I would like to know. ..

Which hotel?
And where do we meet up on friday afternoon and evening and maybe thursday evening.

I will be 3 people.

Last Edited by Commander at 19 May 22:34

A number of people have booked into the Apoksiomen hotel which is right in the harbour.

I don’t know of anybody flying up Thursday but my plan is to fly up Friday, as are quite a few others. I would suggest meeting up either (obviously) at the airport, or at the dolphin fountain in the harbour which is about 30 secs’ walk from the hotel – about here (this pic was taken from that hotel)

The ladies might of course prefer to meet up elsewhere

I think this is the latest list of those who plan to be there

Last Edited by Peter at 20 May 06:22
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Commander: If you’re arriving on Thursday let me know and I’ll try to announce you and extend airport working hours. If you’re not sure that you can arrive by 1400 UTC or if you have some doubts between arriving on Thursday and Friday, I would recommend Friday. Otherwise, we risk announcing you on Thursday evening – no show wouldn’t make our hosts happy.

Regarding the weather, it should be OK, Losinj will hardly see some rain this weekend, maybe few drops Saturday very early in the morning.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message