Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EURO 2024 (football) - Germany - Meetup(s)

10 Posts

All,

As the fixture list is coming through thick and fast. Was wondering if all wanted to do a few things with this, as Germany is a pretty awesome place with regards to anything, food, beer, efficiency and sporting events. On my current roster, I am thinking a meetup for the Serbia v England Game and the Denmark v England game.

But also maybe the first game in Munich – Germany v Scotland. Obviously not all of us like football, but I thought it would be such a great way to do some multiple meet ups – enjoy the fan zones and some busy restaurants?

Can someone list the nearest airports/airfields (IFR/VFR/CUSTOMS availability) with regards to the venues?

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0288-1999ab91ad50-899894098aed-1000/uefa_euro_2024_match_schedule.pdf

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

There appear to be very few pilots interested in football

Normally the Aero Friedrishafen (EDNY) event, usually April, forms our German meet-up. Usually this is quite successful because a lot of people go there anyway.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I presume next to not or limited interest in a meetup for the first weekend for a beer garden? At the very least some form of meal :D

EGSG, United Kingdom

Hi Robbie – if you come to Munich, give me a shout and we have beer and/or dinner.
Where would you fly to (and when) ? EDDM is not only expensive, but rather unwelcoming for sub 2t planes….
Just PM me.

EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

EDDM is not only expensive, but rather unwelcoming for sub 2t planes….

Is it even possible to use EDDM with a < 2t aircraft?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Just put 7700 on the transponder and off you go ;-)
Declaring mayday during a midfield crossing might also get you there…
Otherwise, you might be rejected
(never tried, never interested)

EDM_, Germany

ch.ess wrote:

Hi Robbie – if you come to Munich, give me a shout and we have beer and/or dinner.
Where would you fly to (and when) ? EDDM is not only expensive, but rather unwelcoming for sub 2t planes….
Just PM me.

That would be great, would make a great video to go into EDDM :) Will let you know, but I will be in Erlangen in May for the Berg.

EGSG, United Kingdom

All,

I get it’s football, but I am thinking I really want to push the idea of a beer/food meetup in the Dusseldorf, Dortmund/Essen area.

I am thinking Sat 15th we can arrange a dinner meetup
Sun 16th a beer meetup in the https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/event-guide/gelsenkirchen/festival/ for those wanting some German Staple + beer and to watch football (Or close your eyes).

If people also don’t fly and get the train, that’s okay too?

EGSG, United Kingdom

There appear to be very few pilots interested in football

And that is one thing I really appreciate in aviation

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

This is the one where you’re not allowed to pick up the ball..?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message