Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris, 23-24 July 2016

This was discussed at the Carcassonne fly-in at the weekend.

Since about 2012, Paris has only one GA-accessible airport which has customs/immigration – Lognes LFPL – but that is VFR only. Well, there is Le Bourget and no doubt one can fly VFR or IFR GA to Orly and Charles de Gaulle (they do publish VFR approach charts!) but you are looking at a bigger part of €1k to do that… Nestor thinks it may be possible to arrange customs/immigration at Toussus-le-Noble, LFPN, for the event. That GA-friendly airport is also highly scenic to fly into.

And Paris is a really great destination, in nice warm weather

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Go in August, when most Parisians are on the beach. Makes for a much better experience of Paris.

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

I’m in doesn’t matter if it’s July or August.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I will be away between July 8th and 18th

LFPT, LFPN

Go in August, when most Parisians are on the beach. Makes for a much better experience of Paris.

You’re very right, OTOH if we Parisians are on vacation (I go away the whole month of August), we won’t be able to assist with logistics.

LFLY, France

I will be away between July 8th and 18th

And I will be away during the weekend of July 2nd and 3rd.
@Aviathor, we could target weekend of July 23rd and 24th. That would also partially cover @TJ’s remark because many Parisians will already have left the city.

LFLY, France

TJ wrote:

Makes for a much better experience of Paris.

OK. Point taken. I’ll make sure not to be there when you come so you can have Paris all to yourself – or at least free of Parisians

Nestor wrote:

we could target weekend of July 23rd and 24th. That would also partially cover @TJ’s remark because many Parisians will already have left the city.

23rd/24th is fine by me.

LFPT, LFPN

I may be free on 23/24 and if so would love to come.

Happy to help with organisation also.

James

LFCS (Bordeaux Léognan Saucats)

Bordeaux_Jim wrote:

Happy to help

Dear James, your help is very welcome. In particular we’ll count on you to bring wine bottles originating from the area as near as possible from your airfield: LFCS, Bordeaux-Léognan Saucats, where the most exquisite Bordeaux are produced.

LFLY, France

We’d love to come but July is looking busy already.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
104 Posts
Sign in to add your message