Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Vejrø - Restaurant re-opened

Last week, the restaurant “Skipperly” at Vejrø has re-opened. After several attempts in recent years when the restaurant was always closed due to lockdown/staff shortage etc, on Sunday we finally were able to do another lunch trip to this gem of an island in the Danish Smålandsfarvandet.

The approach is very scenic. The runway had a little too many loose stones and gravel for my taste at its eastern third – so I recommend taking off on runway 06 to be airborne before that area. That should be doable in most types that you would want to take into this rather shortish field anyway.

The island and the walk from the airfield to the restaurant itself was as pleasant as always. Although the proximity of the harbor and the heli-pad by the restaurant always makes you feel like “third class” when arriving by fixed-wing.

The new chef has created a small, but delightful lunch menu. As we were quite hungry and the portions small, the three of us sampled almost every dish from the menu. We didn’t stay for dinner, but I understand there is a set three course dinner menu available now with elements being interchanged based on season and availability.

Overall – an absolute high value destination, especially for non-flying guests.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

My father landed there three weeks ago and he also commented about the the poor runway. Not only loose stones, but also some clover-type vegetation on the runway which made it rather draggy. Still ok-ish, but nevertheless the worst he had seen the runway in the last 40 years.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message