Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Why unnecessary stops should be avoided

what is “hook-up fee” ?

As far as I understand, that’s the price of fuel truck coming to your parking position. It has been invented in last few years for additional fleecing. The purpose is as same as “low uplift fee”.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

And here is Kortrijk EBKT fuel bill.

Last Edited by Emir at 21 Jun 06:23
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

How bizarre that fuel is more expensive on Saturday and Sunday and bank holidays

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

The point is that it’s not the fuel that is more expensive on weekends. It’s refuelling service that is. And that is due to the fact that at some airfields, Avgas is self-serve, but JetA isn’t.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

End result is the same. What you pay is the important factor

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Emir wrote:

“low uplift fee”

I understand the purpose is to fleece, but…. what does it mean?

Berlin, Germany

Inkognito wrote:

Officially, I think, it is something like a call-out fee – if you want some fuel, then waking up a guy costs 50 euros plus the cost of fuel. Something like that.

EGTR

If you take e.g. less than 300 liters (or whatever they invent), you pay low uplift fee.

The point is that it’s not the fuel that is more expensive on weekends. It’s refuelling service that is.

Which nobody informs you about until refueling is done and the bill is ready.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Inkognito wrote:

Not really JetA1 uplifts below 1000 liters are more or less an offense to most fuel companies. Some places charge a hook up fee below 1000 liters or a small uplift fee etc. While I do not like it I can understand them. One uplift uses their fuel truck for about 15-20 minutes and they are used to sell the stuff in tons. I have even seen a JetA1 fuel truck only able to measure the fuel quantitiy in steps of 10 liters. In a worst case they even have to change gear as their truck is configured for pressure refueling and they have to bring an adapter for gravity fueling.
On the other side many such places have quite low prices per liter (as they sell so much JetA1) so what counts is the total price which often is not that bad if you pick up 400-500 liters like we mostly do.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

Some places charge a hook up fee below 1000 liters or a small uplift fee etc.

And, as you can see above, some places like LOWL charge both hook up fee and small uplift fee

Sebastian_G wrote:

which often is not that bad if you pick up 400-500 liters like we mostly do.

Except if you’re one of more than 800 DA40D/DA40NG/DA42/DA50/DA62 owners in Europe.

Last Edited by Emir at 21 Jun 15:48
LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message