Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EuroGA family (and friends) fly-in 2023?

You can ride a steam train : https://www.vendeetrain.fr/train-a-vapeur.html
And you can visit angers by a short train ride.
Inside Cholet itself, you have a couple churches and a museum about the war of Vendee
If you rent a car you can visit :
the coteaux du layon vineyard.
Sables d’olonne (classy seaside town)
Chateau de tiffauges.

I may have a car available in the area depending on the dates in August.

LFOU, France

A quick flight gets you to Les Sables d’Olonne seaside town with nice beaches.
Or a little further and you have the Isle d’Yeu,
or Isle d’Oleron for those who like beaches and islands.
Niort and a visit to the Marais Poitevin and perhaps a boat ride on the Venise Vert. Niort has an English speaking. ATS.
Of course for those that need it you can always do some IAPs or get any hours you need for your night rating at La Rochelle or La Roche Sur Yon.
LPV and ILS at LFBH
Good restaurants at all these places.
There is a scuba club.at :Cholet whichcan both check and fill your oxygen bottles for about €15 to €20.
But the Puy du Fou itself does have enough activities for 2 full days. There are a number of hotels on site.

France

Wow, thank you for the comprehensive feedback! Location now firmly on the to-go list with the kids!

Looking at dates I would try to avoid August when hotels and rental cars are fully booked. For us it might work out in the coming four weeks or else in early September.

Last Edited by Antonio at 08 Jun 10:38
Antonio
LESB, Spain

Check out the Cinéscene dates. This evening/ night show only takes place at certain times of the year. It is spectacular. But tickets are difficult to get.

France

So we are finally settled in the area of Puy du Fou.
If anyone wants to come, tell me.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 13 Aug 12:04
LFOU, France

I’m interested but need to know what dates we are talking about.

EHRD, Netherlands

There is no fly-in, just come when you wish.
Once you have a few possible dates, post here or PM me, as some weekends are easier than others. Then we will set up your programme.

LFOU, France

Hey Jujupilote have you moved to Cholet permanently? If so,welcome to the area and will probably meet up with you (I was going to write bump into you but on a ga forum that seemed a risky thing to day)
Is the club there still flying it’s MCR4S?. It used to turn up here quite often.

France

Thank you. Would be nice to meet up.
I think the MCR4S is still there but the field is deserted in August so can’t tell you for sure.
If you wish, we could agree on a weekend to host our forumites and post it here for dutch_flyer and others.

Edit : we took the steam train and it is all in French. One would need a translator to understand all the history and the work behind the train promenade.

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 16 Aug 07:31
LFOU, France
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message