Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Texel EHTX

Ibra wrote:

I would definitely double check that Texel & Budel are still port of entry for extra-Schengen immigration (especially when flying with non-EU passport holders otherwise what can go wrong?), I mean from an official source not some website (OnlineGAR, GENDEC.eu, their AIP AD2.2 entry says no immigration which makes double confirmation necessary)

I agree, although the linked list is an official EU document and explicitly says:
“This list comprises all Union airports which, having been so authorized by the competent authorities of the Member State concerned, are approved for air traffic with third countries and where, in particular, customs controls can be carried out on baggage.”

The definition of “third countries” for the EU always means “non-Schengen”, so the statement is clear that the airports on the list have both immigration and customs.

… and Texel is on the list.

We all know that an AIP entry is correct, except when it’s not.

LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

The definition of “third countries” for the EU always means “non-Schengen”, so the statement is clear that the airports on the list have both immigration and customs.

Non-Schengen EU member states are not “third countries”. Your quote from an EU document specifically mentions customs and all of the EU is a customs union.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I landed at Texel on 29 April from UK. I filed GAR using GENDEC.eu and added the special number as Remark in my flight plan which links both together.

Met on arrival by two immigration officials who quickly checked and stamped passports then departed. They have to drive from the mainland and cross with the ferry, so quite a big deal. As mentioned above, it’s under threat as a port of entry. I wondered if any new systems that don’t require a passport stamp might allow this to keep going.

Very active airfield with lots of skydiving etc, but short staffed in the cafe when we visited so a restricted menu.

Ed in the tower was his usual welcoming jovial self. It’s always a pleasure to visit.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Indeed it absolutely still seems to work for UK flights. One wonders what the Dutch police guy writing the above mentioned email (well, the text got lost in splitting threads it seems) was thinking…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 26 May 20:09
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Interesting!

And very useful.

Yes I cleaned up stuff. Maybe not correctly… I think you meant this post.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@boscomantico I think that’s my recent Skydeamon report from last week! It was business as usual at Texel with zero fuss. We were greeted on arrival and my UK passport stamped with what appears to be a ferry port stamp (there is a boat logo and not airport on the stamp) There was no mention of any changes expected.

We then flew around the islands, Germany ,Denmark, Sweden and departed from Norway back to the Uk where I got my exit stamp from Bergen.

It would be a real shame if Texel was lost for UK pilots as it’s a great entry point.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message