Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Berlin July 2023

Frans wrote:

Teuge (EHTE) might do the trick instead. It has (…) a real restaurant.

The restaurant called “Hangar” (close to tower and fuel) is in my experience very slow to serve. The one called “Takeoff” has somewhat more basic food, but is quicker. It is on the other end of the runway, but has parking for aircraft right in front of it, so you can just taxi to it.

Frans wrote:

(no PNR/PPR!), (…) you need to send the Dutch GENDEC.

Wouldn’t “GENDEC” count as PNR?

Frans wrote:

It’s VFR-only though

You might have luck getting “long final” to runway 26, especially if on less-than-stellar MET there is not much traffic. There happens to be a GNSS approach there, too, but don’t push it, there are real obstacles rather close to the aerodrome on the left.

ELLX

My goodness @Peter_G that is a proper meetup! I am impressed with the organization!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Moenchengladbach is being renovated (been there 3 weeks ago) and there was only a vending machine (working only with coins).
Still a good IFR destination, but bring your own food ;)

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

It’s not full instrument, but Osnabrück-Atterheide EDWO is a very nice little field with good food last time we went.
On a similar track you could also stop in Hildesheim EDVM. I stayed IFR until well under the layer at 2500ft and field in sight when I made stop there in July 21, not a problem.
Both towns are worth a quick taxi ride to the center.
I have no clue if either can organize C&I though, as I’ve never needed either.

Last Edited by Arne at 28 Apr 17:28
ESMK, Sweden
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message