Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Berlin July 2023

Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

Enjoy the trip!

AFAIK, there is no restaurant whatsoever at Mönchengladbach airport. Is there?

I also wouldn‘t stop at Münster Osnabrück for lunch either, as there is only „airport terminal food“ there. But I guess you are looking for IFR airports (which tends make it difficult to get decent food).

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

AFAIK, there is no restaurant whatsoever at Mönchengladbach airport. Is there?
I also wouldn‘t stop at Münster Osnabrück for lunch either, as there is only „airport terminal food“ there. But I guess you are looking for IFR airports (which tends make it difficult to get decent food).

Thanks for heads-up.
Our planning is to try to get to Berlin from U.K. a.s.a.p.
Nothing is written in stone . . . So routings are flexible.

In my experience Munster Osnabruck only serves food if there is an airline movement.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

In my experience Munster Osnabruck only serves food if there is an airline movement.

Thanks for comment.
I’ll check details nearer the time.
Our main need is to clear Immigration about 2 ½ hrs en route.

EDLP Paderborn might do the trick

Another airline airport, with “airport food only”.

It’s a problem. The two airport categories “IFR + permanent customs + English ATC” and “a real restaurant on site” don’t have much overlap in Germany.

I would first decide: do I really want to have a proper seated lunch? Then you have to make compromises on “IFR + permanent customs + English ATC”.
Unless you are willing to take taxis of course.

Or do I just want to make it an uncomplicated and quick tech stop for UK flyers? Then there will likely only be unedible sandwiches. Consider asking the group to bring along some light picnic lunch and make it a quick tech stop that merely serves as that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Maybe Teuge (EHTE) might do the trick instead. It has customs+immigration during opening hours (no PNR/PPR!), English radio, and a real restaurant. It’s VFR-only though and you need to send the Dutch GENDEC.

Another option in Germany might be Siegerland (EDGS), which offers full IFR, English AFIS, customs on 24 hrs PNR, immigration 1 hr PNR and a ‘real’ restaurant as well. Make sure you do reserve a table at the “Toscana Stübchen”, because it’s often full house and especially on Sundays and holidays, reservation is mandatory. See it as an additional “PPR”. The food is great though!

Otherwise, I do agree with bosco’s statements above.

Last Edited by Frans at 20 Apr 16:03
Switzerland

Braunschweig has a reasonable restaurant but is probably a bit too far along your track. Forget Lelystad EHLE – zero catering.

I can also remember a decent meal at Hannover – Maritiem Hotel, 10 minutes walk from the GA terminal. Bremen could also be an option but not worth he hassle and expense. Ganderkesee has a reasonable restaurant on the field.

14 Posts
Sign in to add your message