Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Day flight to Bragança (Portugal)

Some months ago I flew IGGY to Bragança, northeast of Portugal, for a lunch day flight. A very bautiful city that happens to have a very good airfield with zero landing fees for GA planes… something very unusual!

LEMT, Spain

Thanks for sharing it, it brought back some cool memories. More than 15 years ago I used to travel a lot to the Northeast of Portugal for work. Twice I used the “shuttle” from Lisbon to Bragança, when it still departed from Lisbon’s airport (LPPT). Nowadays it actually does a full North-South service, from Portimão (LPPM), with stop overs in Cascais (LPCS) and Vila Real (LPVR) and on to Bragança (LPBG). And now with a “modern” ATR :-) https://bookings.sevenair.com/en
Here is a photo of the old Dornier at Lisbon, as we arrived with the small airport van to its parking position:

As for LPBG not having any landing fees, that is really cool, and I wish more municipalities would see a local airport as infrastructure to attract business.

Oh, and your “portunhol” is very good, better than my Spanish for sure :-)

EHLE, Netherlands

You brought up some nice memories here too, from May 2017. I really loved the his area of NE Portugal.

I remember we had zero radio contact with any unit other than LPBG AFIS in the area, even at FL65/75 which made me worried in case of emergency. Is it still the case ?

LFOU, France

Really fond memories
Somewhere in Spain, radio contact lost for maybe the last 40 minutes

Our trusty steed (much newer than the plane )

LPBG seen from the tower

The airline on the ramp. IIRC, 2 passengers unboarded from Lisbon on that flight.

Braganca (the castle is visible)

Miranda do Douro and the canyon of the Douro (which makes the Spanich/Portuguese border here)

LFOU, France
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message