Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel in Norway and Sweden - building a register of small airfields with 100LL / 91 etc. that take CASH or credit or debit cards.

The most useful thing, Jamie, is to put reports into our airports database. It is pretty quick, especially for repetitive entries with the same aircraft, etc.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wilco. With pleasure

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Vipps has completely taken over everything private transaction vise of small money transfers instead of cash/cards. You can always pay with cash, but forget about getting your change back. For transfer of larger amounts we use direct bank transfer, which is almost as easy.

Another thing about Norway is that we trust people will pay. For instance there are small farm shops all over the country side. Unmanned shops/sheds where farmers sell eggs, beef, milk and so on. You just walk in, take what you need, and pay with Vipps (for the most of it), or credit card, if the terminal works, which it seldom does

Fuel also work this way many places, sort of. There could be no terminal, but you can pay with bank transfer or Vipps. ENOP and ENTY works this way. ENOP has jet, 100LL and Mogas.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Thanks again for everyone’s help – it is so useful to have first hand info like this. Just for everyone elses’ information, the further north I have managed to find avgas with credit card is EFRO in Finland so from there we can get all the way north and back.

The latest fun is the Avinor AIP. When checking customs and immigration, the AIP cleverly refers one to the same web page with the AIP. Nice. Can anyone throw any light on that please?

I’ve been advised no need for C&I from Germany to Sweden – can anyone comment on that please?

Thanks all

Jamie

Pig
If only I’d known that….

Thanks LeSving. It looks like it’s going to be an education…

Pig
If only I’d known that….

Pig wrote:

I’ve been advised no need for C&I from Germany to Sweden – can anyone comment on that please?

Both countries are in both the EU and Schengen so yes, such a flight is for (almost) all practical purposes a domestic flight. Sweden does have some “Schengen suspensions” but none that affects aviation. I’m not sure about Germany, but I don’t think so.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Pig wrote:

The latest fun is the Avinor AIP. When checking customs and immigration, the AIP cleverly refers one to the same web page with the AIP. Nice. Can anyone throw any light on that please?

Not sure what you mean by “checking customs and immigration”. Maybe this will help.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Thanks LeSving – brilliant.

Since almost every aiport has it own rules for C&I that’s where I normally find it in the AIP – turns out for Norway it’s a standard across all the airports that have it so it makes really simple – nice change!

thanks
J

Pig
If only I’d known that….

Someone has made this Google-map that shows where 100LL can be found in Norway:

I don’t know how updated it is. I will try to get in touch to assist with what I know.

FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

Thanks for clarification on Sweden and Germany AA.

The map looks excellent I’ll cross reference with my findings

Thanks all

J

Pig
If only I’d known that….
Sign in to add your message