Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Questions about VFR Norway-Sweden Norway-Denmark

Frans wrote:

Do you really need to forward flight plans to customs manually for flights from/to international customs airports?! I never did that, just filed my FPL 1 hr prior flight and after 4 times flying from and into Norway, never had any issues. (C-office in Kristiansand and Bergen also confirmed FPL alone is OK, without sending customs a separate copy.)

I have always done that (or rather mostly the 4h option). Using IPPC it’s just a check box. But, I have heard of several incidences where this have been done, and people are still met with angry customs officers that for some reason “haven’t received the e-mail”. Using IPPC this is simple to show them though, since IPPC keeps track of all your flight plans. From what I have heard, it doesn’t make the customs officers happier though

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Isn’t that just another way of saying that customs/immigration are 4hr PN, without it being in the AIP?

In reality almost nobody travelling from outside will be using IPPC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

I have always done that (or rather mostly the 4h option). Using IPPC it’s just a check box.
You’re right of course, I even have an IPPC account exactly for the purpose of that feature, when using the 4h option at non-international airfields. However, when flying from or to international airports, I’ve used DFS FPL services and never had issues, even during Covid with additional immigration vaccination checks by Norwegian police.
Last Edited by Frans at 01 Jul 14:03
Switzerland

Peter wrote:

Isn’t that just another way of saying that customs/immigration are 4hr PN, without it being in the AIP?

It is in the AIP as well AFAIK.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway
44 Posts
Sign in to add your message