Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New GA terminal (and new prices) at Split LDSP

C210_Flyer wrote:

Never been to Split but used it as an Alternate when flying into Brac.

During high season LDSP is not available as alternate anymore. According to NOTAM it can’t be used between 0400 and 2100 UTC which practically translates to not available at all.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

This is bad because Losinj and Brac have very limited opening hours. Zadar or Dubrovnik, I guess. Italy as a last resort due to not much avgas around.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Emir, how do you declare the right hand seat person as a crew?
In theory, whoever is assigned a flight related task by the PIC becomes a crew member. My lady has the controls in front of her and uses them when I dig in maps, uses her great eyes for traffic avoidance, helps with navigation, but has no PPL. Sometimes I succeeded at an airport just by saying that we both are a crew. But, as per the discussions at euroga.org, without presenting a ppl it is rather a lottery. Do you have any recipe?
Thanks

I declare my wife as crew and have a fake crew card for her, along with white shirt and epaulettes. Works a treat in places like Greece and Croatia.

I have four stripes on my epaulettes on the basis that I am chief pilot of my airline. She has two, but still bosses me around.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

@Emir, how do you declare the right hand seat person as a crew? In theory, whoever is assigned a flight related task by the PIC becomes a crew member. My lady has the controls in front of her and uses them when I dig in maps, uses her great eyes for traffic avoidance, helps with navigation, but has no PPL. Sometimes I succeeded at an airport just by saying that we both are a crew. But, as per the discussions at euroga.org, without presenting a ppl it is rather a lottery. Do you have any recipe?

Same as @Buckerfan – plastic crew card with name and picture.

Last Edited by Emir at 29 Jul 11:57
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

During high season LDSP is not available as alternate anymore. According to NOTAM it can’t be used between 0400 and 2100 UTC which practically translates to not available at all.

So what do you do when as happened to me 2 yrs ago flying from Elba to Brac. We departed from a short runway airport in hot and humid conditions with IFR legal limits of Gas on board. Within one hour of departing and approaching the east coast of Italy a huge thunderstorm developed and was moving straight down the Adriatic. My ADL only showed my flight corridor so I could not see what was north of that massive storm that took up 90% of the Adriatic sea. I decide to swing around south of it cause the weather was clear in that direction. The monster must have been moving SE at 40 kts. The Edge of the storm was just touching the airport at Brac. I was planning to go further East into Split which I had planned as my alternate. if I had to. Since I departed from Elba a line of storms developed in a SW to NE direction.

As a last resort I could have flown to Dubrovnik but that would have been a royal pain since we had hotel reservations on Brac. and the fuel situation was getting low. Etc etc.

These idiots make flying dangerous and impractical as a transportation tool.

Hey how about charging the airlines the same percentage per GWT that they charge GA? Also stop giving them a Fuel Tax break. Maybe then they can balance their ridiculous National budgets.

KHTO, LHTL

Hey how about charging the airlines the same percentage per GWT that they charge GA? Also stop giving them a Fuel Tax break. Maybe then they can balance their ridiculous National budgets.

Totally agree with you.

These idiots make flying dangerous and impractical as a transportation tool.

And in the wintertime when the airport is totally deserted they dare to ask why we don’t visit them more often.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

And in the wintertime when the airport is totally deserted they dare to ask why we don’t visit them more often.

I hope you tell them it’s because of the summer NOTAMs and fees, making them generally GA unfriendly.

LSZK, Switzerland

I hope you tell them it’s because of the summer NOTAMs and fees, making them generally GA unfriendly.

Yes, I don’t miss the opportunity to tell them how unfriendly this policy is, unlike the staff which is super-friendly.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

264€ for a one-night stop. Bonkers…

@Emir: what do you know about Sinj LDSS? Are there any decent train or bus connections to Split? Or maybe an Uber is not too expensive?

edit: found an answer already:

Last Edited by boscomantico at 31 Mar 13:14
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
Sign in to add your message