Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New GA terminal (and new prices) at Split LDSP

That’s really bad.

Especially as for airline airports, Split is one of the nicest I have ever been too.

And it used to be like that for GA also.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Since last summer I avoid LDSP and fly only to LDSB. From there I was taking taxi to Supetar (€40) and ferry to Split (€6) or taxi to Bol (€30) and speedboat to Vis (€24). I might consider flying to LDSP alone if the crews are exempted of GA terminal tax.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

But Sinj looks much more convenient for getting to the Split area, doesn’t it?
The runway looks great. Skydemon says they have fuel, the VFR Manual says no.

Sadly, there is absolutely no alternative to the equally expensive LDZD for getting to the Zadar area, and no alternative to LDDU for getting to Dubrovnik area…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 31 Mar 14:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

But Sinj looks much more convenient for getting to the Split area, doesn’t it?

Sinj LDSS is OK and people are friendly there but I’m not sure if they can sell the fuel or they have it only for aeroclub. Checking before going is your best bet. However, you end up 35 km from Split pretty much in the middle of nowhere. That doesn’t sound like nice beginning of the trip to seaside.

boscomantico wrote:

Sadly, there is absolutely no alternative to the equally expensive LDZD for getting to the Zadar area, and no alternative to LDDU for getting to Dubrovnik area…

If you avoid LDZD on weekends, you can avoid expensive GA terminal but still… Regarding LDDU, unfortunately no alternative. Sadly, Croatia turned from GA paradise into something pretty opposite with exception of 3-4 airports.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Croatia turned from GA paradise into something pretty opposite

Absolutely @Emir. What a pity!
Unfortunately the same has happened with Corsica, not price wise (yet…), but by just banning GA from accessing the bigger fields (Ajaccio, Bastia, Calvi, and Figari) during most of the day, and/or introducing PPRs on the grounds of lack of parking space…

All these low-cost carriers are not only bringing hoards of low revenue rucksack tourists to invade say Croatia/Italy/Sardinia/Greece/Croatia/Spain, but on the same token are basically pushing GA out of the game.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message